Marking - How would you know if you were marked?

by Lady Lee 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

garyneal - good for you.

I think too many people suffered from this unofficial kind of marking - and Itheyprobably hadn't done anything either!!!

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

That's one of the problems I saw over the years with the "marking talks", Lady Lee.

Most of the congregation doesn't know who's being talked about, so everyone starts gossipping and the rumor mill starts working overtime.

Everyone starts suspecting everyone else and innocent people suddenly have people not talking to them and no one will tell them why.

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

Marked and had the infamous talk about me. Like palmtree67 said, my name was never given because they could never prove I'd actually done anything. It was silly.

And how did I know? Because the talk was clearly about me, right down to the anonymous "experience" about a young woman who had done all the things they alleged I'd done. And everyone in the Hall knew it was about me, and they made me feel like dirt because of it. Basically, you are found innocent or get your charges thrown out, but you are still treated as guilty. Almost like being on a Nancy Grace special, in a way...

• robson
    robson

The truth is that you are marked by people who's been there for a long time so that's an advantage if you will.

The way they speak to you and by definition treating you as a wordly influence inside the house of God.

My example: I started going to a new congregation just because my Dad couldn't make it to the one I go so everything was nice at the beginning and things were good but once I started talking to them all things changed drastically for me. This happened in a 2 year period. I always try to be nice to people in general so a sister about my age was looking for a husband I guess but I didn't know I was talking to her like she was already my friend smile at her look at her while being there things were drifting towards marriage so I said no and suddenly all her family shunned me cause I told an elder I was not looking forward to marry her.

There was this girl at the meetings she was 8 years younger than I but somehow she thought I like her so her friend asked if I like her then I say absolutely no she went to tell what I've said and that girl turned the whole congregation against me she went to the point of telling my friends that I was into her all the time and that I was someone not to trust. They still hate me but I pretend I don't see their abusive speech on me and all that marking spread to all.

once you arre marked work your way through the ranks befriend elders MS and CO etc.. you will gain your life back again.

• finallyfree!
    finallyfree!

Ladylee: your childhood sounds like a common vein we all share. Myself personally I grew up in a very poor family. One thing I do notice is that if you are poor and a JW who doesn't dress in brandnew pinstripe moores suit lol then ur considered the "reject" of the cong. I got sick of it and got a job part time at the age of 13. But you are right. The whole "click" groupie thing that is so common disgusts me. it must be really bad growing up in the WTS not having any or many friends inside and not allowed to associate with anyone outside the org. I knew I had been marked as soon as I stopped hearing from my JW "friends" whom I hung out with. Its like having some loathsome disease and nobody wants to go near you for fear of contamination. Apparently you can get contaminated by emailing that one or talking on the phone to them. Oh well let the haters hate. I wonder if they feel bad about how they treat their former friends ?

• carla
    carla

garyneal- so did ya' get more marking done because of the Jesus comment?

• designs
    designs

The phone stops ringing inviting you to come back to the meetings ( mind you they are not inviting you over for dinner, just meetings).

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I figured it out when I kept raising my hand and wasn't called on. Over and over I kept raising my hand, and not getting called on.

lisa

• designs
    designs

Watchtower Conductor.... 'brother could you hand the mic to the sister sitting next to sister Lisa'

• garyneal
    garyneal
    garyneal- so did ya' get more marking done because of the Jesus comment?

Probably, but I don't really care what they think of me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit