"Moses, by far the meekest and most humble person" ??

by stuckinarut2 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Seriously, how can it be OK for someone to say OF THEMSELVES that they are "by far the meekest and most humble person" on the earth?

Numbers 12:3 'Now the man Moses was by far the meekest of all the men on the face of the earth'

Yes, moses was SO HUMBLE that he told everyone about it!!?!

Now, if sections of scripture like this don't make you go (WTF?) in your mind, then nothing will....

• user100
    user100
    bahaha.. god damned hoople heads. (al swarengen, deadwood)
  • floriferous
    floriferous
    Never understood this myself...
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

hahahahahah! I never thought about it that way that he actually wrote those words.

I'd like to take this time to say that freemindfade is the most humble person on earth, and also good at sports and other stuff...let it be written

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

just for you stuckinarut2

• Simon
    Simon

"When it comes to humility, I'm da bomb, I'm the BEST baby!" says Moses.

He was brought up as Pharo's son and heir according to the stories. I doubt this gave people humility.

A sense of privilege, entitlement and superiority plus a warped sense of being the voice of god maybe.

Even the authors own story, he smashed to pieces the word of god that he'd just been given. Hardly the act of someone meek and mild !

• Divergent
    Divergent

Wait, wait... let's just take a step back for a moment...

What evidence is there that the book of Numbers was written by Moses?

(Not being a Bible apologist... just saying) =)

• millie210
    millie210
    Even if he was, where did it get him? He wasnt allowed to see the Promised Land for one mistake.
  • processor
    processor

My wife once asked some street-witnessing JWs:

"Are you better than Moses?"

"Of course not"

"But even Moses was not allowed to enter the Promised Land, though he was better than you."

• MarkSutter
    MarkSutter
    Now the man Mark was by far the greatest sex god of all the men on the face of the earth. Now ladies, just one PM at a time please.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit