"Moses, by far the meekest and most humble person" ??

by stuckinarut2 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

If Moses wrote the first five book of the Bible that may explain it.

Could he have been very meek and still have written this statement

about himself. If so I would say he was into himself.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Lol all funny and valid observations but im sure the dubbies would say "oh moses didnt make that up, god told him what to write!"
  • redvip2000
    redvip2000

What evidence is there that the book of Numbers was written by Moses?

Of course he did. And he also wrote the book of Deuteronomy, which describes how he died. Go figure!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Moses, by far the meekest and most humble person" ??

Moses was a Meek and Humble Person who Killed Thousands of People..
    ..............http://community.ebay.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/19369iC7F4A8ABFDD328F0/image-size/medium?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Exodus 32:25-28 (NASB)
    Now when Moses saw that the people were out of control—for Aaron had let them get out of control to be a derision among their enemies—then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, “Whoever is for the LORD, come to me!” And all the sons of Levi gathered together to him. He said to them, “Thus says the LORD, the God of Israel, ‘Every man of you put his sword upon his thigh, and go back and forth from gate to gate in the camp, and kill every man his brother, and every man his friend, and every man his neighbor.’ ” So the sons of Levi did as Moses instructed, and about three thousand men of the people fell that day.

..............Hannibal Lector is a Big Fan of Moses..

...........Image result for Hannibal lecter..............Image result for Hannibal lecter blood

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I suppose when you are writing a work of fiction intended to enslave the whole human race, you would make one of your most exalted characters in that work "meek, the meekest of men" in order to subliminally program followers to give up their personality. It is pretty hard to enslave the masses without every character in this damnation book that is of merit being meek and every disfavorable character being haughty.

Other blatant abuses include Jacob being righteous while Esau was wicked. Esau worked hard, while Jacob was a swindler and a parasite that usurped what Esau produced. Yet, who does this damnation book exalt? The parasite!

Tyrant David is another. That thing destroyed Gentiles wherever it went. Yet, when it was a fellow Jew, Tyrant David would not as much as defend himself. I suppose this sets the stage for people to accept abuse without doing anything about it. The whole account of Tyrant David, right from the LIE-ble itself, is worse than anything the ADL could complain about were it written by anyone today. And yet, people accept it as righteous?

This is the sort of rubbish joke-hova promotes. Traits that enhance the human experience are lambasted, while traits promoting slavery and communism or that degrade humans are exalted. Characters are invented that go along with these traits, and it is tied together to enslave us all.

And let's not forget the other Old testament lie: Job. That thing was invented by joke-hova to lure people into sticking with this foul religion way past when it is reasonable to quit. Job was supposedly tried for a prolonged period, remained faithful for the whole thing, and was blessed. The message is that, no matter how much abuse joke-hova heaps on you, you should stick with that thing (and not Satan) so you can be blessed. Of course, the wait never ends, your soul rots, and eventually you either dissipate or are assimilated into heaven where your soul is consumed for the alpha draconians to use to spread communism through the whole universe.

All fiction.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    "I'm so humble, cos I say that I am!"
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Well he is the president of the NRA.

Oh wait, that's Charlton Heston -my bad😳

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

It must be clear to any thinking person (i.e. a person not blinded by faith) that the Exodus story is an origin myth, that is, the sort of heroic story that is told to explain the how a certain human society got its start. You can read about origin myths (sometimes also called foundation myths) in this Wikipedia entry - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_myth

In any of these mythical stories, there will be some elements of historical truth. Can we find anything truthful in the Exodus/Moses story. Yes, we can. It is simply that there is/was a connection between the ancient Egyptian Empire, a human society that was so well organised, that they were able to build the huge monuments of ancient Egypt.

In contrast, the group of people that later became the Israelites and later still the Jews, were a barely organised group living in Palestine. Did some of them really travel to Egypt as described in the biblical myth? Actually, they did not have to, as the Egyptian empire came to them, by conquering Palestine.

Here's a map of the Egyptian empire around the mid fifteenth century BCE.

File:Egypt NK edit.svg

Reference: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Egypt_NK_edit.svg

Jerusalem was not in existence at that time, but the Egyptian influence extended from the coast to the areas which later became the focus of Israelite mythology.

Now think of this description of Moses in Acts 7:20-22 NIV.

20 “At that time Moses was born, and he was no ordinary child.[a] For three months he was cared for by his family. 21 When he was placed outside, Pharaoh’s daughter took him and brought him up as her own son. 22 Moses was educated in all the wisdom of the Egyptians and was powerful in speech and action.
    Footnote: Acts 7:20 Or was fair in the sight of God

There is dispute over the time when Moses was born (if, indeed, there is any historical truth behind the story). The Watchtower publication, Aid to Bible Understanding (p.1180) suggest he was born around 1593 BCE. That date is suggested by the early Christian writer, Jerome. Bishop Ussher (he of the 6000 years idea), calculated 1571 BCE. But the Rabbinical Jewish scholars (subsequent to the destruction of the temple in 70CE) calculated that he lived between 1391 and 1271BCE.

The date calculated by the Rabbinical scholars is interesting. Why? Because that would locate the Exodus events as being around the time of the huge religious crisis in Egypt caused by the monotheistical ideas of the Pharoah who changed his name to Akhenaten ( who died around 1336-1334 BCE). Here he is as represented in a plaque from that era, worshipping Aten.

Reference: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e4/Aten_disk.jpg

and, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akhenaten

Does this explain Moses, educated in all the wisdom of the Egyptians,

denouncing the Bull worshipping Israelites? So difficult to prove but a possibility.

Egyptologists also point out the similarity between Egyptian concepts of creation and Genesis ch 1.

So Moses, meek or not meek, as the case may be, real or mythical serves to link teh Canaanite tribes who led a war that eventually gave them primacy in Canaan and led to the need for foundational myths, which, of course, when early Christianity was just another Jewish sect became embedded in a religion that became the main myth bearer of powerful European colonisers.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

There is another connection between the early Israelites and their political overlords, the Egyptian Empire. This connection is still a popular pastime, particularly in Australia, where even the bethel brothers indulge with great pleasure.

This pastime is imbibing a popular beverage known as "beer." We mostly associate drinking wine with the Bible, but the evidence is that in ancient Egypt beer was a common drink and most Egyptians drank it daily, and the early Israelites, whether they learned it from the Egyptians or not, the Israelites also liked a beer or two every day. In fact, Numbers 28: 7-10 commands that Yahweh had to be served his portion of beer (roughly equivalent to a modern six pack) each day. Which means that Yahweh would be able to drink me under the table.

Here's a short overview from the Biblical Archeological Society:

Reference: http://members.bib-arch.org/publication.asp?Volume=36&ArticleID=4&Issue=5

Did the Ancient Israelites Drink Beer?
    By Michael M. Homan
    Picture
    Ancient Israelites, with the possible exception of a few teetotaling Nazirites and their moms, proudly drank beer—and lots of it. Men, women and even children of all social classes drank it. Its consumption in ancient Israel was encouraged, sanctioned and intimately linked with their religion. Even Yahweh, according to the Hebrew Bible, consumed at least half a hin of beer (approximately 2 liters, or a six-pack) per day through the cultic ritual of libation, and he drank even more on the Sabbath (Numbers 28:7–10). People who were sad were advised to drink beer to temporarily erase their troubles (Proverbs 31:6). Yet the Biblical authors also called for moderation. Several passages condemn those who consumed too much beer (Isaiah 5:11, 28:7; Proverbs 20:1, 31:4). The absence of beer defines a melancholy situation, according to Isaiah 24:9.

( I liked that reference to Isaiah 24:9, it's like a popular Aussie drinking song that's called, "The Pub with No Beer.")

More in the next post.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"Maybe Moses was the meekest and most humble until I came along." -- ToMo3

"Step back Tony the Tiger, because when it comes to humility... I'm #1 !!!" -- Lett

"Wrongo Stephie-boy! I'm the modestest person anyone may ever be privileged to meet... EVER!" -- Losch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit