"Moses, by far the meekest and most humble person" ??

by stuckinarut2 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Oh those pictures literally make me throw up a little in my mouth....
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    fulltimestudent
    excellent work and excellent example of eisegesis. thank you.
    and I think I could drink YHWH under the table sadly
  • fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    freemindfade
    fulltimestudent, excellent work and excellent example of eisegesis. thank you.

Thank you fmf, for attempting to praise my amateurish attempts at scholarship. Unfortunately, I must refuse the praise, implicit in your attribution of eisegesis to me.
    Why? Because, aside from your precise intention, the fact is that I am only repeating prior scholarship.
    For example, in this book, Egypt, Canaan and Israel in Ancient Times, by Donald B. Redford,
    (Princeton University Press 1992)

Or, this one: Out of the Desert: Archeology and the Exodus/Conquest Narratives, William H. Steibing Jr., Prometheus Books, 1989
    there are objective assessments that throw doubt on the tradition of the Exodus.

There remains however, one key question. What were the political/cultural/religious implications of the political occupation of the area by the Egyptians?

The Bible offers no comments on the possibilities implicit in a political occupation. Again, we should be asking why not?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I agree about the political/cultural/religious implications and motives of the entire bible. Not even the OT. But all of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit