2 kings 2:23-24: The 42 children killed by bears.

by bohm 68 Replies latest jw friends

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

The bible is so full of crazy stuff I just got tired of trying to find resolution.

Balaams talking donkey

God's golden hemorroids

chopping up a woman and dropping off her body parts

circle dance at shiloh

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Besides balding people are almost holy for God.

Unless, of course, they are skinheads. Skinheads are Nazi.

BTW - it just occurred to me that the bear was the symbolic animal of the old Soviet Union. Is it possible that this had a modern-day prophetic fulfillment in our time?

• cult classic
    cult classic
    Once, I saw two little boys - ages 5 and 6 - attack their mother and drive her out of her house. You would have had to see it to believe it!

Sylvia that is hilarious! So wrong, I know, but still hilarious. One of my friends has 4 kids that are seriously off. They attacked her all at once and she had to spike their drinks with meds to knock them out so she could think. I totally believe you!

• JWoods
    JWoods

Sylvia - were those two kids demonized, by any chance?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yeah, the two bears picture the now-defunct Soviet Union which will morph into the King of the North and put down 42 nations before undergoing its final demise.

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

They were bad!!!

Their father was a misogynist who allowed them to do whatever they pleased.

They both ended up in the Big House.

Syl

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Is there a plausible scenario in which two bears could kill 42 children standing outside, other than having them stand in a line waiting to be mauled?

Well, maybe they were YHWH-inspired bears ;)

What kind of bears do they have in the ME anyways?

I don't think they have big boys like our grizzlies, do they?

• tec
    tec

Syl is making me laugh today, too :)

• PSacramento
  • Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More
    Thinking like that eventually led the Millerites and Russell to 1844, 1874, and 1914. And we all know how well that came out.

Jwoods, not to be persnickety, but see, I think the Millerites and Russell thought LITERALLY, whereas my point was the opposite - these numbers are symbolic - NOT TO BE TAKEN LITERALLY, so please be kind and don't lump my thinking in with that of the Pyramid measurers!

The hebrew hard-on for numbers is well known, which doesn't make it right, just well known.

LOL! Precisely!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit