2 kings 2:23-24: The 42 children killed by bears.

by bohm 68 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

I believe - know! - that evil exists.

The stories I could tell, also!

Syl

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    People - with all due respect - are you actually saying that "witches" can call a curse on an enemy and cause their death?
    The human mind can easily equate a lot of supernatural cause to just simple circumstance.

That is a whole different thread but, part of your answer is in your own post, some people's minds are their worse enemy, the other part has to do with some serious drugs and the rest has to do with, believe it or not because YOUR/OUR belief is irrelevant, the work of demons ( be them personal or otherwise).

• JWoods
    JWoods

Evil (human evil), yes. Obviously.

I just don't fell any need to extend it further and blame it on mysterious and unseen spirit demons.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Then, whence evil, JWoods?

Syl

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Evil (human evil), yes. Obviously.
    I just don't fell any need to extend it further and blame it on mysterious and unseen spirit demons.

It is a dark path to go down, best not to believe in some cases.

One can say that the intention, the "evil" that drives humans, COULD come from somewhere but for now there is no way to prove it so...

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Then, whence evil, JWoods?
    Syl

From whence we least expect it, Sylvia. Always from whence we least expect it. (courtesy of Merlin in King Arthur's court) Seriously - does anybody here take the witnesses urban legend of the demonized smurf dolls as reality? No??? Then why would you believe (without any shred of evidence or proof) that human evil (take for instance a serial killer like Ted Bundy) as being caused by some unseen spirit who was just not busy that day "animating smurfs to scare the witnesses"? I just take it as a simple unfortunate fact that some people have a screw loose and end up doing terrible things - and without needing supernatural empowerment.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I drive my wife nuts because I default to "skeptical." I make fun of her, pisses her off. But I found out about this event last week, and it is kind of, well.

Her mother is supposed to be a powerful woman. People from all the way over in Europe consult with her. There is huge crime where she lives.

No one steals from her.

We just sent her $2500 to help her with getting a different sort of business off the ground. Things are really tough over there. Kids have to look after their parents.

I'm just glad I am on her good side! She loves me to death. Well, hopefully not that much.

BTS

• JWoods
    JWoods

$2,500 BTS?

Well, good on you for getting her into some kind of new business.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

That's a lot of money over there. She asked for 10,000 Bolivares Fuertes. It's a 4/1.

BTS

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

forty-two children of their number

I find that part interesting. Were there more than 42? It would appear so; but only 42 were 'torn to pieces'. What is the significance of the number 42? 6 x 7! (The number of man multiplied by the number of perfection.) I'm sure there's an allegory there.

Ok, any of you Biblical exegeticists can take it from here...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit