What Is The True Gospel Message?

by wannabe 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Livingbreeze: My reply: Wrong like usual. We understand the meaning of the term son, as to what it meant in the Jewish culture at the time the words were penned. You really do have a lot to learn.

If there is some other meaning of son that was understood by the Jewish culture at that time, I'd be interested in learning about it. I am unaware of any other meaning other than being the son of a father who is the source of the son's life.

My Reply: It referred to identity. Jesus, for instance is the Son of Man...referring to his identity as man, his nature. The Jews took offense to Jesus calling himself the Son of God because they knew he was stating that he shared the same nature as God. They correctly said that he was making himself equal to God- John 10.

Livingbreeze: Don't think your words are falling on deaf ears, I am listening, however, I stilll find that God described death to us in Genesis, we return to the ground, just like the first man did, after that there is no hope for life except the resurrection, to be raised fom the dead.

My reply: The body goes to the ground. The spirit returns to God, the soul has one of two ultimate destinations.

Livingbreeze: Where is the just balance, since no man has the power to cause never ending torment, then how can neverending torment be God's judgement?

My reply: In Matthew Jesus says to fear not man who can kill the body but fear him who can destroy both the body and soul in Gehenna. Man can torture within limits, God does not have such limits.

Livingbreeze: I'd have to say that I've never really been close enough to the personal lives of JWs to know whether they really love one another or not, I guess that puts me in quite a position, doesn't it?

My reply: Jesus said that was the identifying mark of true Christians- not who has what doctrine correct.

Livingbreeze: I do find it troublesome when I've seen a huge list from some person telling people of all the denominations to avoid, should it be so hard to find a so-called good, biblical church? The resident JW here seems to be in the same position I am, since I am not so confident to say that they have the "faithful and discreet slave" in their midst.

My reply: Jesus mentions in Matt how the wheat and weeds will grow together. There is no specific church or certain denomination that is the good church. All churches have faults and shortcomings, none can claim to be God's sole channel of truth. One needs to be fully awake and questioning that what they are being taught is God's word and certainly an enforced unity of beliefs (such as the one present in the JWs) goes against Paul's words to keep testing.

Livingbreeze: I would rather have a simple faith, believing in and trusting God's gift of life through the forgiveness of sins by the shed blood of his son. As to how I would go about obeying his command to "go into all the nations..." I don't know. I honestly wish God's word was easier to understand, then I wouldn't be asking anyone to explain it. I have prayed many times over, so I do ask for direction from God.

My reply: That is what we should have- you are on the right path!

Livingbreeze: Who really knows what is going to happen, we only know that something is going to happen in this tme of the end? We only know there's a beast, a false prophet, Satan and his demons, and all those fllowing that path, and, there is God, his Son, the angels, and all those following that path, why the lines are so blurred, I don't know.

My reply: Agreed- and religious affiliation won;t save. Trust in Jesus will!!

• Livingbreeze
    Livingbreeze

Livingbreeze: Don't think your words are falling on deaf ears, I am listening, however, I stilll find that God described death to us in Genesis, we return to the ground, just like the first man did, after that there is no hope for life except the resurrection, to be raised fom the dead.

My reply: The body goes to the ground. The spirit returns to God, the soul has one of two ultimate destinations.

Livingbreeze: Where is the just balance, since no man has the power to cause never ending torment, then how can neverending torment be God's judgement?

My reply: In Matthew Jesus says to fear not man who can kill the body but fear him who can destroy both the body and soul in Gehenna. Man can torture within limits, God does not have such limits.

I would still ask, what does Gehenna represent? Does it represent neverending torment or does it represent complete annialation from which there no longer remains a hope of being resurrected to concious life again? Again, God referred to Adam as dust, "dust you are and to the dust you shall return." I honestly believe that life refers to our concious awareness of our own existence, and that death refers to no awareness at all. Man has no more power over the life or soul of a person once they are dead, man cannot bring a person back to life once they are dead. Only God has the power, the power he gave his Son, to resurrect a person's soul, that is, to return them to life and conciousness. I believe our mortality refers to our complete being, we are mortal, we are not both mortal and immortal at the same time.

• Livingbreeze
    Livingbreeze

Even in the first post no one really answered the original question, "What is the true gospel (good news) message? The person who started this thread said much but said nothing. There is actually much to be discussed, who would like to start?

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Luke 6:31-42, NJB or KJV, click on your pick. If you don't get this part of the message, the rest hardly matters.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Livingbreeze asks: "What is the true gospel (good news) message?

The true gospel is that: Christ (The Messiah, Lord of Lords, King of Kings, the Holy One of Israel, The Only Begotten of God) died for our sins according to the scriptures and was raised on the third day, for our justification...so that whosoever believes (puts their trust) in Him (not, has all the religious facts down pat or finds the right organization and associates with it) will not perish, but have everlasting life...not by works of righteousness which they have done but absolutely by His grace (getting something undeserved) and mercy (not getting what is deserved).

Salvation is something He earned and merited for us. Such love demands our life and continual thankfulness and obedience. But in times of failure, those who put their trust in Him, have the sweet GOSPEL assurance of I John 1:9

If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to FORGIVE us our sins, and CLEANSE us from ALL Unrighteousness.

Christs atonement provides perfectly for all past sins, current faults and imperfections, and guarantees us an eternal destiny (eternal life). The gospel is that nothing that is confessed and forgiven will ever be brought up again...(ever) and yet all the good, every cold glass of water, every smile, every word of faith spoken and written etc. for the love of God and others, will not be lost but is treasured for us in the heavenly realm to be revealed at the right time.

No one has perfect doctrine. No one has been sinless save the Son of Man to whom we all have to answer. He is the Way, the Truth, the Life. No one comes to the Father but by Him. The gospel is, we can come to the Father through the Son. Jesus invites us to come to Him, to call on Him, to receive Him, to fellowship with Him (scriptures provided on request) so we can know Him, not take in information about Him, but live in relationship, (vital union) sharing our weaknesses and cares with Him.

He alone can give you the strength to live holy and bear much fruit, of love, joy, peace

He stands at the door of your heart awaiting your invitation to save you and fill you with His goodness. This is the gospel

Vander

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I can't believe I didn't come on here months ago and say that the "True Gospel" message is an oxymoron like:

Jumbo Shrimp
    controlled chaos
    organized mess
    pretty ugly
    deafening silence

• wobble
    wobble

I agree OTWO, and an OM like "God's Organization"

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

love one another & keep ya bloody nose out of other plps business

• designs
    designs

Be Good, and make sure future generations get to do the same.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit