Based on Teel's JC thread why dont we all sue them?

by Lozhasleft 33 Replies latest jw friends

• ruruj
    ruruj

Thomas Edison once said - " I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. "

Perhaps this is a good reason why we have this discussion.

Although Watchtower won cases against its victims, we have lesson learned. And these experiences are shared so that we could avoid repeating the same mistakes.

One thing I've learned that we should avoid positions that Watchtower could twist into its disciplinary action (including the term disfellowshipping) and internal church policy issue, because court cases with such argument don't work for the victims.

Has anyone heard of class action lawsuit against Watchtower before?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Thomas Edison once said - " I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. "

Thomas Edison was an inventor trying new things with new science. The case law and precedent that works in the WT's favor goes back over 150 years. There is nothing new to work with.

Although Watchtower won cases against its victims, we have lesson learned.

Yes, that there is over 150 years of case law that works in their favor.

One thing I've learned that we should avoid positions that Watchtower could twist into its disciplinary action (including the term disfellowshipping) and internal church policy issue, because court cases with such argument don't work for the victims.

Then what other issue is there that you could sue them over?

Has anyone heard of class action lawsuit against Watchtower before?

Don't know about class action, but they tend to settle out of court quite a bit, particularly when it related to pedophile issues.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I'm sorry for those of us who deserve compensation...its been suggested that instead of suing for the disfellowshippin we go at it from the 'shunning' they enforce...

Today in the Times in UK I was reading an article about Allred a female lawyer in the US who takes up cases for oppressed/abused women and has taken on many class action lawsuits which got a lot of publicity....I'm thinking of contacting her....

Loz x

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Today in the Times in UK I was reading an article about Allred a female lawyer in the US who takes up cases for oppressed/abused women and has taken on many class action lawsuits which got a lot of publicity....I'm thinking of contacting her....

Please let us know how that goes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit