Based on Teel's JC thread why dont we all sue them?

by Lozhasleft 33 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

I do not think we will have successful class action against the WT, but we can do it on individual basis as our circumstances are all different.

• ruruj
    ruruj

I disagree with asilentone, a class action will invoke the "win-win" scenario against Watchtower.

If Watchtower loses, then the victims WIN some compensation money.

If Watchtower wins, then the victims WIN public opinion plus sympathy from fence-sitting JWs (this is essential).

In JW homeland I'll be secretly cheering for the visitors, win or lose.

Class action suit has media popularity. Both ruling would result in Watchtower bleeding.

I think some groups are on to something. They do not focus on disfellowshipping and character defamation.

Instead they have collective positions to claim against Watchtower. Right Lozhasleft?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I disagree with asilentone, a class action will invoke the "win-win" scenario against Watchtower.

Brother, you are missing the point. In the courts, the precedent has already been set. There is no involvement in internal church policy. There is no crime, no breach of contract, no compelling state interest. It's a nice fantasy, but that's all it is. The courts have already declined to get involved or dimissed cases. Precendent is set.

• ruruj
    ruruj

notverylikely I think class action lawsuits do not require direct violation of laws and regulations.

I was reflecting viewpoint of another group planning to launch a class action suit against Watchtower. Whether their plans would be successful or not shall be charged to experience.

I was associating the "win-win" scenario against Watchtower with invoking class action lawsuit.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Here’s an idea, rujuj,

How about you go and contact several lawyers who deal with class action suits and run the idea past them.

Then come back and tell us what they said.

I’m quite sure you’ll find they’ll say the same things NVL has been trying to tell you.

• ruruj
    ruruj

I understand Broken Promises its hard to find one, just like it's hard to find a novelty item (like strawberry catsup) from most grocery stores.

Let me be a little presumptuous by quoting although I couldn't recall where this came from "seek and you shall find"; but not always true if we have time limit.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Thanks for all the input guys...I wonder if its been tried here in the UK? I just wish this cruelty could be stopped, legally, thats all.

@ ruruj you have a reply pm.

Loz x

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

I would have thought in the UK defamation of character is a possibility. There is slander and also libel if the WT has written a letter disfellowshipping someone. It may not go through the complete Court system but it may raise public awareness.

I worked for a lawyer many years ago who took on a client who was suing someone for slander. It was so long ago cannot remember what happened.

LI

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I understand Broken Promises its hard to find one, just like it's hard to find a novelty item (like strawberry catsup) from most grocery stores.

You think it's hard to find a lawyer to sue someone? Really?

I worked for a lawyer many years ago who took on a client who was suing someone for slander.

The problem with suing the WT is they aren't committing slander or libel. They are just stating a fact, "NLV is no longer a Jehovah's Witness." Then they can point to the bible for why they shun the courts will go "OK, that's a church policy issue, not getting involved".

• bible brain
    bible brain

Hi Lozhasleft,

In theory good but in practice a complete waste of time and energy, when someone showed me the correct teachings from the bible I dissasociated myself. As to their custom, a PUBLIC TALK was given in the KH, I was called many things and I was "GANGRENE". Everyone knew the elder was speaking about me and I was told this by at least 5 other people who were present at the talk some actually crying because of the venom which came from the elder.

Not only the public talk but these remarks followed me continually until in the end I was forced to seek a solisitor to quell the poison. Did it work? No it did not, the body of elders replied to my solisitor, nothing was said about me and the claims were totally false.

SO THE WHOLE BODY OF ELDERS LIED. EVEN THOUGH 5 PERSONS REPORTED THE MATTER TO ME WHO ACTUALLY

HEARD THE TALK.

One lady inside the KH asked the elders, what would happen if she talked to me because sh did not believe I was so bad, and she was told, if she did talk to me, she would receive the same fate, difellowship.

THERE IS ONE LAW FOR THE CONGREGATION AND ONE FOR THE ELDERS, THEY ARE ALLOWED TO LIE.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit