Based on Teel's JC thread why dont we all sue them?

by Lozhasleft 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

By the way I do appreciate all your replies.....lets bloody do it ? !

Seriously - I mean it!

Loz x

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Already been tried many times Courts will not get involved in internal church policy like this.

• ruruj
    ruruj

For Lozhasleft and those who "have been there & done that",

A. Were the cases dismissed in courts early? What were the complaint statements?

B. Did any lawyer agree to represent the victims for the class action lawsuit? "Disciplinary action" is not the appropriate term for WT Disfellowshipping.

Remember, for any legal battle which Watchtower wins against its victims, could be considered a moral victory for the victims.

This will convince the JWs hanging on inside that Watchtower is cruel and beyond progressive change. Therefore this would trigger more JWs to leave Watchtower's control.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

A:)They were dismissed after arguments were made

B:)What class action lawsuit?

Moral victory?

• ruruj
    ruruj

A:)They were dismissed after arguments were made -- Not quite informative.

So notverylikely you just slammed the door with my hands holding the post. Fortunately, my hands are stainless steel. Nice try.

What do you propose then?

B:)What class action lawsuit? - Was there any? I guess there wasn't any by your answer with a question.

Moral victory? -- Legal battles lost can win wars. Of course money is lost.

But we are just considering the worst case. When Watchtower wins the case, then it will lose JW members who will view their action as crushing the victims.

• ruruj
    ruruj

Lozhasleft you have a PM.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

A:)They were dismissed after arguments were made -- Not quite informative.

So notverylikely you just slammed the door with my hands holding the post. Fortunately, my hands are stainless steel.

WTF are you talking about? I am just telling you, being informative, that this HAS been tried before, many times, and it's NEVER gone anywhere, at least in the US. The first amendment makes the government and judicial VERY reluctant to get involved in internal church matters where no obvious crime has been committed. I wasn't trying to do anything except give you facts. You managed to slam that door on your own.

What do you propose then?

This is the same as "where else would we go?". You don't like the facts in your face so you turn attempt to turn it back on me. I don't propose anything and reject the idea that I need to.

Legal battles lost can win wars. Of course money is lost.

So the corollary is that legal battles win can lose the war? The WT must be almost beaten, then. Back here in reality, that battle has been lost over and over and over and over. Why keep fighting the battle when the precedent is already set and outcome already known? Move on with your life.

But we are just considering the worst case. When Watchtower wins the case, then it will lose JW members who will view their action as crushing the victims.

They always lose a few over issues. They haven't lost many despite the court cases.

• ruruj
    ruruj

notverylikely let me offer you the peace pipe.

Lozhasleft's cause is not really mine. I'm here to show support for whoever is asking. I do not discourage anyone in their cause against Watchtower.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" - I consider you my friend as long as you are really against Watchtower.

So I'll do my best to avoid friendly firing while not stopping other factions from advancing against Watchtower.

After doing some research I think "disfellowshipping" may weaken the case because it is tactically asociated by Watchtower as "disciplinary action", instead use the shunning aspect.

Let's agree to disagree notverylikely.

• asilentone
    asilentone

it would be nice, it will never work, sorry!

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

notverylikely let me offer you the peace pipe.

Well thank you. I don't think we are disagreeing so much as you are not as familiar with the issue. There is no case. It's been tried. It's failed. There is nothing the courts have to rule on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit