Based on Teel's JC thread why dont we all sue them?

by Lozhasleft 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Teel's thread re his JC and his lawyer's advice has made me think....why dont all of us Disfellowshipped ones sue the Org for defamation of character????

Imagine if we could find a lawyer who'd be prepared to start a suit against them on behalf of us all?

Any thoughts?

Loz x

• acolytes
    acolytes

Hi Lozhalsft

Waldorf .T .Flywheel of Flywheel Shyster and Flywheel is our man.

Ex Marx Brothers .

Acolytes

• ruruj
    ruruj

This is unusual, but if you could, then try suing Watchtower (WT) corporation and/or the Governing Body (really controlling the corporation) for promoting and ignorantly maintaining the disfellowshipping & shunning practices. I think Watchtower is more liable for its disfellowshipping and shunning propapanda material than the Governing Body. But this will hurt both if the lawsuit is successful.

It's a possible win-win situation. If Watchtower wins this, then it will definitely lose public opinion especially when the legal battle is prolonged.

Cunningly, WT and the Governing Body separated as a group perhaps in preparation for lawsuits. But WT in really is under control of the Governing Body.

Watchtower disfellowshipping and shunning has done extensive harm not only to the wrongdoers, but friends and family. Many members were wrongfully judged. For example, some of those who testified to public media & courts were wrongfully judged - abuse of disfellowshipping.

Lives were ruined most mentally and spiritually as definite effects of disfellowshipping & shunning. Over a period of time there were cases that resulted in suicides.

Be simple, truthful and credible.

In law, a class action or a representative action is a form of lawsuit in which a large group of people collectively bring a claim to court and/or in which a class of defendants is being sued. (Wikipedia)

• sir82
    sir82

Lotsa luck finding a lawyer willing to take a case in which you sue a religious organization for its internal discliplinary actions.

By my informal count, this is approximately the 9,853rd thread on this forum to present this idea.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I thought it was Dewey, Cheatem and Howe? Maybe that's the three stooges....

• ruruj
    ruruj

We are not suing Watchtower for plain disciplinary action. But Watchtower is over the charts when it comes to implementing disciplinary action.

A civilized society would not allow ORGANIZED PUBLIC and PROLONGED HUMILIATION even though it's lesser than public flogging or stoning.

Watchtower is the only cult organization big enough to fit this profile.

It's disciplinary action is full of flaw and yet they ignorantly use this to keep their members in line.

The victims did not sign any agreement that they would suffer tremendous mental and emotional problems when subjected to this kind of discipline.

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

My husband has often wondered also if one is disfellowshipped is it not only fair and just that all their contributions are returned to them? If this were the case disfellowshipping would surely cease?

LI

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

So? I dont quite 'get' all these answers so what can we do ...if anything?

Loz x

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

what about those who voluntary leave? there is no disciplinary action needed and still they are shunned and ostracized.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Come on guys lets be pro-active...what can we do????

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit