My wife has asked me to tone it down

by JWinprotest 31 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Why can't they just tone it down?

Because they're often very poor guests/host[esses] when it comes to things like this, dear O4G3 (peace to you!)...

Why is it that they get to speak out gushing about the Soceity around people they know to not feel the same way...

Because they are also often very bullish... and have very poor manners (the "baggage" of both some here seem to have brought out with them...)

yet have the audacity to get angry when you speak your mind as well.

Because they're also often very poor "sports" (a trait, the "baggage" of which some on this site, again, seemed to have dragged along with them...)

And I truly don't get why some of "us" want to talk them all down... but exhibit the exact same kind of conduct. Makes NO sense to me. Kinda like someone who speaks "Spanglish" (and with a heavy Spanish accent) having a problem with someone who speaks English with a heavy backwoods "drawl"... and thinking their English is "better".

Throw OFF the weight, dear ones... so you don't mayhaps trip and fall... and bust yer own lip.

Peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

Thanks everyone for the advise. I know deep down that the right thing to do is to let things go, and I've decided to do that, not because I'm noble, because I'm not, I'm confrontational by nature. I've decided not to discuss things related to the WTS again because members of my family that are still in are completey oblivious to most of the issues and controversies that I bring up, and so they honestly believe I'm making it up. Even by witness standards they really do not know their stuff.

For example, this whole thing came to a boil about a week ago at my In-laws home. My wife's sister was going on and on about how wonderful this year's District Convention was. She said it was so great that she actually attended it twice, just so she can really soak things in.(Exact phrase used)

So I asked her what she thought about the new teaching on generations. Her reply? "What new generation teaching?" Now I did not attend this year's DC, however, from what I've read here, this topic was discussed there. So I said,"you didn't hear the talk discussing the generations?" She said that yes she had heard it but nothing has changed, and it's the same as when they changed it in 95. In a very spirited fashion, I pointed out a few differences between the 95 teaching and the one that was revealed this year.

The conversations sort went south from there. I brought up the year 1975, and again, my sis in law was adamant that the society never put that year in print, that it was the rank and file that were over eager for the end.

Just a couple of examples, but I realize now that it really is futile, as many of you have suggested here, and I agree that it might be having the opposite effect. In the end, there is only one thing that I should be concerned about, which was very eliquently pointed out by notverylikely when he said,

I dunno, how cool are you with not getting laid?

nuff said!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit