Watchtower Attorney and new contract for deceased?

by Dogpatch 54 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Even if you did get it to court...our courts are de facto and not courts de jure. It is rumored that many who are in the catbird's seats have sworn an allegiance to a ....get ready....here it comes.....a SECRET SOCIETY BROTHERHOOD! Those blood oaths trump any oath of office. If you dig, you will find that in some cases the oath of office is never even filed as per law!!

With Watchtower having dubious origins which could involve secret societies, that could give you some indication of how such a case might not be won even if there is fraud and coersion and duress.

All of the laywers are pledged to the "Bar". The Bar is a foreign allegiance. It is tied to the Crown Temple (Templars).

It would almost appear that the "shadow government" conspiracy theorists speak of is a network of a masonic system throughout all levels of our society.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I'm not verifying it by the way (just passing on the question), but if this is for real we've GOT to document it!

Randy

• Violia
    Violia

I agree, it should be documented. I think things like this( along with kingdom hall takeovers and other bizzare things) would make a great book. It would take research, but it be like a stake in the heart of the WTS.

I've known jws ( often pioneers) that got all warm and fuzzy with elderly and sick/disabled persons they studied with and the person ( probably alone) signs over all to them . That is possibly elder abuse . That might be something to look into -the states office on ageing and elder abuse laws.

Sometimes a show of force by the family and a good lawyer familar with elder laws can help.

I know the scientologists do this and the catholic church does too. The legal dept. promising to return her things in the new system, well, maybe they verbally told her that.

Cher's song " gypsies tramps and thieves" is runnning through my mind now.

• VM44
    VM44

The Charitable Planning Brochure is the ONLY piece of Watchtower published material that will be mailed to a person upon request, requests for other literature will be refused.

• carla
    carla

This is quite disturbing for ubm's too! jw spouses would not tell a ubm if they signed such a thing in my experience.

I wonder if it could be won in court using mental status of jw's or coecion in someway? Guess you would need one hell of an attorney to prove moral force or unfair persuasion, still it could be done or fought if you had enough money to begin with or some ex jw was an attorney and would take the case for the principle of the matter. May be worth it just for the publicity alone.

Proving an elder said they would get property back after the so called new system would be difficult (heresay). Even if they wrote it down the wt corp could say he acted alone.

coercion, in law, the unlawful act of compelling a person to do, or to abstain from doing, something by depriving him of the exercise of his free will, particularly by use or threat of physical or moral force. In many states of the United States, statutes declare a person guilty of a misdemeanor if he, by violence or injury to another's person, family, or property, or by depriving him of his clothing or any tool or implement, or by intimidating him with threat threat, in law, declaration of intent to injure another by doing an unlawful act, with a view to restraining his freedom of action. A threat is distinguishable from an assault, for an assault requires some physical act that appears likely to eventuate in violence,
    ..... Click the link for more information. of force, compels that other to perform some act that the other is not legally bound to perform. Coercion may involve other crimes, such as assault assault, in law, an attempt or threat, going beyond mere words, to use violence, with the intent and the apparent ability to do harm to another. If violent contact actually occurs, the offense of battery has been committed; modern criminal statutes often combine
    ..... Click the link for more information. . In the law of contracts, the use of unfair persuasion to procure an agreement is known as duress duress , in law, actual or threatened violence or imprisonment, by reason of which a person is forced to enter into an agreement or to perform some other act against his will.
    ..... Click the link for more information. ; such a contract is void unless later ratified. At common law, one who commits a crime under coercion may be excused if he can show that the danger of death or great bodily harm was present and imminent. However, coercion is not a defense for the murder or attempted murder of an innocent third party.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

No lawyer would put in writing that the woman’s house would be available to her after Armageddon.

Obviously it was a verbal promise.

• undercover
    undercover

Marking this thread to keep up with further findings and info...

Thanks for bringing it to our attention, Randy. I hope someone can confirm it one way or the other...

• wasblind
    wasblind

"No lawyer would put in writing that the woman’s house would be available to her after Armageddon"

I agree broken promise, but it's not far fetched, look at what happened with Beth Sarim, and it was said the deed was put in the names of the dead who were supposed to come back after Armegeddon.

Yeah, i believe they told her that, but this time they were probably smart enough not to put it in writing, after all look at how much stuff they have in print already that's come back and bit them in the backside.

For any who don't know, in the Proclaimer's book on Page 76 they skim over this part of their false prophecy, feel free to look it up. it's so embarassing that they put it in a grey box on the left.

• sir82
    sir82

So far it's all hearsay.

Not a lot of "there" there, so far.

People have concocted even more bizarre ideas about the WTS.

Not denying it, certainly not defending the WTS, but it just seems a bit, oh, premature, to treat a rumor as "gospel truth".

• designs
    designs

One thing about the Society they- Lawyer up. Legal Forms sent out are vetted pretty good. Contact Gerry Seymonis the Treasurer for the Society, he's the Head Bean Counter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit