Watchtower Attorney and new contract for deceased?

by Dogpatch 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I'm passing on a question and wanted input on it please:

Recently an XJW’s mother passed away, when it came to settling the estate
    a Watchtower Attorney produced a form that she had filled out and
    notarized. The form was very comprehensive in that it assigned every
    single asset
    that the woman had over to Watchtower. This included her
    clothes, jewelry, house, car, all stocks, annuities, and cash. The family
    was dumfounded to discover they were completely shut out of every single
    heirloom and asset that the ‘sister’ had. In another case a mother
    claimed she did not sign the form but after her death it was produced by a
    Watchtower Attorney and her complete estate was taken as well. In yet
    another case an elderly sister was promised by the Watchtower Legal
    Department, if she signed the form that included her house that it would
    be returned to her in the paradise earth.

So the question is does anyone know or have a copy of this form? Does any
    other religion create a comprehensive form to allow them the ability to
    steal the inheritance from a non-believing family?

If this form could be found it should be placed on the internet for the
    public to see just how families are victimized by the lawyers of the
    Watchtower Corp. In 2003 the New York Corp for JWs claimed income of $951
    million dollars that year. In large part it was due to this form. Anyone
    that has information on this would be appreciated to share what you may
    know.

This is apparently different than the traditional form they have used. Any clues?

Randy

• agonus
    agonus

Randy, you gotta be fucking kidding me man. The Child Custody packet I can believe, but the LEGAL DEPARTMENT promising IN WRITING that assets will be returned in the NEW SYSTEM?!

This is like Scientologists signing billion-year contracts for their "thetans" to serve Ron in their next several million lives. Or whatever the hell it is that they believe...

• designs
    designs

In the case of the widow of Erle Staney Gardner, author of the Perry Mason Novels, who was in our congregation the lovely Society Death Watch guys were calling her brother asking for the money bequeathed to the Society to be turned over early (before she was dead).

• agonus
    agonus

HOLY SHIT! Erle Stanley Garnder's widow? How is it I have never heard of this?!

My God, this cult never ceases to shock and sicken me...

• designs
    designs

She was a very sweet old lady, I knew her for 20 years from her late 80s till she passed at around 100. Lived in a very modest home and, as you might imagine, a great library. She was his personal secretary for many years and they eventually married, he was a world traveler and their home had photos and mementos from their travels..

• metatron
    metatron

And why would this cold hearted greed by the Watchtower be a surprize? Didn't we get evidence on this board that a young person who needed a blood transfusion was told by a Watchtower attorney that if she agreed to die faithful, they would put her picture in the Awake magazine?

Has the Art/Writing Dept at the Watchtower Society been warned to stop printing copyrighted material because their artists are too lazy to generate their own work and use Photoshop instead?

Didn't Witnesses in Japan who asked for their money back ( conditional donation - until you need it) told No, can't you do without it?

Hasn't the Watchtower's lawyers discreetly suborned perjury in child custody cases - and haven't they been careful about sending out printed material about this suggested perjury ( "you don't miss Christmas - and Holidays - and Birthdays - and your Non-Witness relatives, do you, Billy?")

Need I go on?

metatron

• wasblind
    wasblind

" In yet
    another case an elderly sister was promised by the Watchtower Legal
    Department, if she signed the form that included her house that it would
    be returned to her in the paradise earth"

Did they tell her that it was gonna be before the generation of 1914 died off ?

• agonus
    agonus

So did the Boys in Brooklyn get what they wanted from poor old Mrs. Gardner?

I must have been living under a rock. I'm pretty familiar with Dub lore, especially famous-dub lore, but this is a HUGE new one on me!

• designs
    designs

Yep they got theirs, the estate was very bucks up, Erle had very lucrative royalites coming in from his books and TV shows, her younger brother, a JW elder, helped run the estate when she got to ill, for her part she lived a simple life when I knew her. She was a cutie in her younger years.

• agonus
    agonus

Boy, you would think the media and apostates would've gone through the roof on a story like this one. I'm still surprised I haven't heard of this before.

Metatron - I know, I should be used to it by now, but putting IN WRITING that a person's estate would be returned to them in Paradise seems like a bone-crunchingly idiotic move for the usually marginally clever Legal team...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit