Definition of Atheist

by ZeusRocks 116 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Atheists get their own special place in Hell where they get Christian music and televangelists blasted at them nonstop.

As long as we get pork, I'm cool with it.

• ZeusRocks
    ZeusRocks
    This is getting to the heart of the debate. Most people who want to call themselves "atheists" don't want to admit they have a bias or a presupposition. They want to claim "NEUTRALITY", something I believe to be a myth, and I believe they are fooling themselves.

This isn't getting to the heart of anything. You simply won't accept the actual definition of atheist. You're the only one fooling yourself. The statements you make regarding what YOU think an atheist is, shows only your complete ignorance in the matter.

Being an Atheist, Agnostic or Theist has nothing to do with burning in hell. I believe there will be people from all 3 camps in hell.

If someone believes in a literal hell and thinks anyone would deserve to go there, then that is inhuman and completely immoral.

• tec
    tec

This seems like a silly thread to me, especially to go on for four pages.

Atheist - without belief in God(s)

If you have a qualifier to add to that, then add it - it'll likely be different for different people. I have to do the same when I say that I'm a Christian. (or I just don't say anything at all - outside of this forum, most people don't care what KIND of Christian you are. I doubt they care what KIND of atheist you are, either.)

My two cents.

Tammy

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

leavingwt

Deputy -- Do atheists exist? Earlier, a poster said that they do not.

Would it make me an Atheist to Atheists if I said no? The concept seems to be real, but as we see in this thread, it's a moving target.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

leavingwt

Just thinking outloud.

If ZR is right we are all atheists of some sort, if PS is right no one is. What's the point of asking, "do atheists exist?

• bohm
    bohm

DD: So atheist can either mean: 1) What millions of people actually mean when they use the label on themselves or 2) your pre-consieved notion that fit noone and implies interlectual bancrupcy.

Ofcourse, you go with definition #2 and point fingers like a small child. Bah. And if the definition seem like a moving target, its because interlectual lightweights who dont stand a chance in a real discussion seem to redefine atheism to mean something arbitrary so they can win an argument by definition. Its really a bit of an add-hominem sugar coated in an argument-per-definition.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

There is only one thing we can be certain of - we were dead until we lived and we will live until we die.

Best make the most of it because we can't get a refund.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

bohm

Ofcourse, you go with definition #2 and point fingers like a small child. Bah. And if the definition seem like a moving target, its because interlectual lightweights who dont stand a chance in a real discussion seem to redefine atheism to mean something arbitrary so they can win an argument by definition. Its really a bit of an add-hominem sugar coated in an argument-per-definition.

You keep forgetting YOU are the one redefining atheism, with this myth of neutrality. The old definition works just fine for me.

• bohm
    bohm

DD: But does definition #2 a) fit anyone (it certainly does not fit eg. Dawkins or me) and b) do you think its a very interlectually honest position to completely reject even the possibility that there could be a God?

• ZeusRocks
    ZeusRocks
    You keep forgetting YOU are the one redefining atheism, with this myth of neutrality.

WRONG!!! I honestly cannot comprehend your complete ignorance and dishonesty.
    Do you believe in a god? Yes - Theist......No - Atheist. Atheist says NOTHING about what I DO believe.

The old definition works just fine for me.

Then you obviously don't care if what you believe is true or accurate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit