We were all Atheists when we were born, at what age did you change?

by cyberjesus 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• agonus
    agonus

I dunno, CJ, maybe we're being pedantic. But you understand what I'm getting at, right?

• agonus
    agonus

OK CJ, let me ask you a question: What would you call "the affirmation of the non-existence of God" if not "atheism?"

• agonus
    agonus

OK CJ, let me ask you a question: What would you call "the affirmation of the non-existence of God" if not "atheism?"

• agonus
    agonus

damn double posts

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

ok here is a misconception again. atheism is not a belief, is not a religion and is not the affirmation of the non existence of god.

That statement reminds me of the nonstampcollector on youtube. Atheism is a belief in the same way the not collecting stamps is a sport.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

agonus: some who claims that god does not exist is as illogical as someone who makes who claims that god does exists. to make such claim you have to substantiate it and present evidence. and none can do so. theist: has a god. atheist: doesn't have a god. when you were an infant did you have a god? no. therefore you were a non-theist. at the age when you started believing in one you became a theist. and most theist became such as little kids with no critical thinking and were easily persuaded into that belief system just because the people they trusted did so. and that's my point we all were born with out that concept. that concept was indoctrinated into us and that's why is so hard too get rid of it.

• agonus
    agonus

OK... I guess to me it's ultimately a matter of semantics, and I'm honestly not sure which category I fall under (I guess I allow for the possibility of a deity though I'm not even sure how I would define "deity"... possibly the Spinozan/Einsteinian concept, though I would not rule out the possibility of a personal God), so I guess I'll leave that up to somebody else.

I agree with what you say about indoctrination. But the question remains: HOW did ANY kind of belief system that wasn't strictly materialistic/naturalistic, er...materialize? WHY? WHEN? From WHO?

I sure as hell don't know the answer. Do you?

• agonus
    agonus

By the way, CyberJesus... I don't know if you're a Philip K. Dick fan, but your moniker might ultimately prove to be unintentionally ironic... ever heard of VALIS?

When the Romans coined the phrase "Deus Ex Machina"... they couldn't have been thinking of an orbital AI... right?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

haha that's funny. but my real name is jesus. im mexican and I use to go by hesus but now I go by G-zeus. semantics its important otherwise why use the right words. I actually think that an agnostics is someone who doesn't have a clue what he believes and hedoesn't know that. I was one just few months ago.at least I know now what I dont know

• ZeusRocks
    ZeusRocks

Well, I was a born in so I didn't have a choice about believing in god. It was indoctrinated and nurtured in me before I had the ability to rationally distinguish fantasy from reality. So I suppose my change went in the reverse and it only happened 2 years ago. Within one year I went from a full fledged believer in watchtower doctrine to atheist. I never went through an agnostic period though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit