We were all Atheists when we were born, at what age did you change?

by cyberjesus 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• agonus
    agonus

"I know what I don't know"

Heh heh, I feel you bro. You know?

One of my all-time favorite bumper stickers: "Warning: MILITANT AGNOSTIC: I don't know and YOU DON'T EITHER!"

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

same here I actually went from a hard core wt believer to atheist in 5 months. and I couldn't b happier. although is hard to be shunned because of your beliefs. but the wt trained me well.

• agonus
    agonus

I've heard it said that atheism is the first step towards a true understanding of the nature of God.

Oddly enough, I think I'm starting to understand what that means.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I was born into a catholic situation and my first thought in church was apparently about ice cream. I was told that during the ringing of the bells the most holy moment in the catholic mass I yelled out that the ice cream man was coming. I'm sure that gave everyone a chuckle.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

funny that when you ask this question to theist instead of answering they proceed to tell you they werent atheists...

• tec
    tec

CJ - I think because it seems like a strawman-type question. We didn't believe anything when we were born - neither did we disbelieve anything. But humanity did, at some point, gain belief in a creator(s) without being taught it.

Tammy

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

a-the-ism: 1.a. Disbelief in or denial of the existence of God or gods. b. The doctrine that there is no God or gods. 2. Godlessness; immorality.

dis-be-lief: n. Refusal or reluctance to believe.

Atheism, based on the above, certainly seems to be a belief system. Certainly, the overwhelming number of people who profess atheism appear to be quite certain that they are correct and that everyone else who may believe in a God is either an idiot or a lune. Bill Maher, on a number of occasions, stated that he never said there was no God. But now he's revised his thinking and is quite convinced there is none -- and to the point that he and his atheist friends regard themselves as several notches up on the evolutionary chain from everyone else. In fact, they're incredulous that the rest of us should be allowed to vote or hold office! I have no doubt that if they could seize power, they would most likely seek to control what everyone else believed. I think it was Christopher Hitchens who referred to himself and others who shared his beliefs as "brights." I can only guess what he would call relgionists!

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Lets have an Atheism pillow fight of definition would you? There is ton of misconceptios but the definition I am using here is this

A-the-ism: Lack of belief in a God or Gods.

So it means just that when you were a cute baby you lacked a belief in a God, when did you change?

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Soooooo... riddle me this, cyberjesus. If you say that we were all born atheists, does that mean that if one returns to such a belief that atheism is an infantile state of mind?

Just wondering. (I had to have it!)

V665

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Ha Ha that was funny but I like it. Lets word it "Atheism is an infantile state of mind", and it is that stage that you are at highest level of brain activity :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit