We were all Atheists when we were born, at what age did you change?

by cyberjesus 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Your counter-arguement is weak... It appears that I have you in the crushing grip of my logic...

V665

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Why is the sky blue? Why the stars dont fall? what is air? All of them infantile questions dismissed by the adults and branded puerile are smart question ignored by ignorance.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

That's the just pot calling the kettle black, CJ. Atheists are equally as dismissive and equally as ignorant as those taking the polar opposite view of things. No one has a monopoly on the truth. There's still too much for all of mankind to learn for either side to claim intellectual victory. The debate may NEVER be settled, no matter how much a majority of atheists in their smugness opine to the contrary. Atheists have no right to claim that they are in any way morally or intellectually superior and vice versa. Thus one cannot make the specious claim that theists beliefs are infantile and then turn around and say that everyone is born an atheist. You can't have it both ways. There has to be a intellectual progression from a zero point, a blank slate, to one either viewpoint or another and atheism is not it. Agnosticism seems to fit that role better.

I hope there's no hard feelings.

V665

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Atheists are equally as dismissive and equally as ignorant as those taking the polar opposite view of things

Can you back this up? this is Generalization.

Ignorance is the lack of knowledge. We all do indeed lack all the answers. That goes for ALL human beings. Some, specially religious people think they have the answers. Atheist just acknowledge they dont.

No one has a monopoly on the truth.

Good quote for facebook. What is the point?

Atheists have no right to claim that they are in any way morally or intellectually superior and vice versa

So NOBODY has the right, right? Thats a good one. I would like to ask you where did you read that Atheists claim they are morally superior. That sounds like a Cult. :-)

Ok now it gets interesting

Thus one cannot make the specious claim that theists beliefs are infantile

1) who said that?

2) Whats wrong with being infantile?

3) Do you have a problem with infants?

and then turn around and say that everyone is born an atheist

Go ahead destroy that statement..... lets reverse it "Everyone is not born theist" Do you like it better? or do you have a problem with that? How bout "No one is born theist" or "no one is not born Atheist".... they all mean the same. It all depends how you like your eggs. Some scrambled, but some over easy :-)

There has to be a intellectual progression from a zero point, a blank slate, to one either viewpoint or another and atheism is not it. Agnosticism seems to fit that role better

Atheism once again... lack of a god or a goddess. LACK is the keyword, abscent, blank slate, ZERO POINT. Agnosticism implies some kind of knowledge to the point that you are not sure. But you can not be not sure of something you dont know. If you dont know something then you dont know. unless you have some kind of knowledge and you are not sure.

I am a little hurt but I will feel better in the morning :-)

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

One more... You say atheism is a zero point. It isn't zero, it's the polar opposite of belief in God, it's a negative, it's anti-God. Think of belief in God, or lack of, as positive and negative integers on a line. Those with a strong belief in God score highly on the positive side of the number line while those who are militantly anti-God score highly on the negative side of things while agnostics pretty well sit around the zero. There of course is a spectrum of belief in between.

We always see theists and a-theists at each others throats while agnostics sit quietly on the sidelines shaking their heads. I've never heard of a militant agnostic, have you? Lots of militant a-theists though. Denying that a-theism is anti-God (minus God) is as ridiculous as denying that negative integers exist in the field of mathematics. It appears you don't entirely know what you profess to believe or the kinds of people you profess to share your beliefs with.

V665

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

vamp I love you dude. now go back and ree-read your post. its funny

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I heard a talk at an assembly that argued the opposite: that atheists were not born so, but must have been changed by someone else's thinking. I had to laugh because it was such a stupid statement.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

This sounds like the experiences I had as a young child. My first memories was my mother and grandmother reading stories from the old Paradise book. Even as a young child I thought the stories were far fetched to imagine an all seeing divine God but questioning this was strongly discouraged.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit