A Child Called "It"

by brotherdan 24 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I know that the main reason that I quit going to meetings - and associating with JWs is that I did not feel 'good enough'.

I always felt that I was not up to the 'high standards' that were required to be a JW.

So - I took myself out - so to speak - and faded away.

Of course, back then, many years ago - there wasn't any internet to go to and look things up, or compare notes and stories. I was pretty much isolated in my thoughts. Nothing new, as I was a loner anyway.

I know this is off-topic, as it does not deal with masturbation, and I apologize.

Regards,

Jim TX

• fokyc
    fokyc

Jim TX - I always felt exactly like that, whatever I did or said, I was never any good.

I began to become severely depressed; when I stopped going to the KH I felt much better.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Marking for later comment.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Snoozy said:

I think I am the only person on these ex JW boards that didn't even think about let alone know about masturbation as a child. When I finally heard something about it I thought those kind of people were either perverts or sex addicts. I didn't even hear about such things until I was in my 40's..as a married woman I never could figure out why some people felt the need to do it. I became a witness at 20 and left at 40.. I studied at 16 sporatically but didn't actually get into it until I was 20.
    Snoozy
    edited to add, maybe because I married so young is one reason it never crossed my mind. Had all the straight sex we could handle at that age..

AK_Jeff said:

Snoozy, I must say, that I think you are the only person that I ever heard of who had not heard of masturbation until her 40's.
    Wow, just Wow. And your teen years were not as a witness, so that makes it very weird to me that you had never practiced such things. I guess I always thought that everyone did.
    Jeff

As a child, teen, young married woman, I never heard or thought of masturbation.

That is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me, Bob.

Syl

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

I heard that mas- masterb-b bation can cause stuttering.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Gladiator, don't you have some majestic lions waiting for you in an arena somewhere?

Syl

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

As a child, teen, young married woman, I never heard or thought of masturbation.

That is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me, Bob.

Syl

And I totally believe you. I have a dear cousin who was the same way, she didn't marry til she was 28 and waited til then to become sexually active. Masturbation never crossed her mind as something to do. Pretty girl but kinda asexual. Her husband is kinda the same way. Oh they have three kids but my cousin told me once that they stopped having sex because they just didn't see the point to it.

P.S. Forgot to say that dear cousin is a jw and her husband is not.

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL.

Thanks, Josie.

My 21-year old JW daughter is the same way - attractive girl, but just not into l'amour.

What can I say? She's just like me.

Now, her nieces are an entirely different story!

Syl

• St George of England
    St George of England
    I heard that mas- masterb-b bation can cause stuttering.

AND POOR EYESIGHT!

George

• fokyc
    fokyc

I knew I should have listened!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit