SMOKING

by Quentin 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Podobear
    Podobear

Quentin: I recommend TIME LINE THERAPY... Leaving WT was a great shock to my nervous system.. took up smoking and got hooked very quickly. I started a second business (turning an English Boozer into an "Eating" venue) my smoking increased rapidly.

A client offered me TLT sessions... just two sessions.. and I quit September 21, 2005. Five years smoke free.

Google it... In case you are worrying.. It in NOT hypnotherapy.. although the therapist did maintain there was an element in it. Personally, I can't see where.

Any temptation now... I just close my eyes for a split second and the desire dispappears.

Cost me £135 ($200 U.S ??)

All the best. Podo

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Start running. Seriously. I quit years ago when I started running. I wanted to be healthier. As I got better at running, the worse the smokes made me feel and the better the running did.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

My hubby got a guy that was studying to quit because they both wanted to scuba dive. The guy would be short of breath from smoking so hubby told him he would not dive with him until he quit smoking. That guy quit smoking right away. Just threw them away so they could scuba dive together.

You could wait until you have clogged arteries from all the plaque buildup caused by the effects of smoking and possibly you can have a stroke or heart attack and then maybe it will be easier to quit..or maybe you can wait till the Dr tells you that you have emphesema like he did a friend of mine and eventually your airways will be like sucking through a skinny straw and you will be gasping for air like he did because he refused to quit until it was too late . He died shortly after he retired and now his wife isn't able to do any of the things they planned to do together. All those years he worked and amased a large amount of money for retirement and he isn't able to enjoy it and his wife just doesn't care now that he is gone. All because of cigarettes...Or.....

You could realize that they put stuff in those cigarettes to make you crave another one in 20 minutes and the more you smoke they more you want. Until you get that stuff out of your system you will crave them, but......if you keep yourself busy and stay occupied it will help until the nicotine gets out of your system.

As soon as you get that addicting stuff out of your system it will be so much easier..really!

I wish you the best but only you can do it and only you will really benefit by quiting..do you care enough to want to live a full and healthy life or not?

Your choice.

Snoozy, who hopes you pick to live a full and healthy lifestyle and quit cold turkey!

• wobble
    wobble

Myself and my wife managed to go cold turkey when we gave up in 1971.

Our reason was because we had just married, and we had decided to "make a go of the truth", having been dodgy teenagers as far as JW's were concerned.

How sad is that !

Having a good reason is enough, realising it is a bumpy road and fairly long one till you can say you are truly an X smoker, rather than "giving up".

But you do get there. it is the single best thing you can do for your health and quality of life.

Don't delay, do it today.

Quit smoking !

• Quentin
    Quentin

Once again thanks folks for your words of encourament....see lurkers, jw issues are not the only thing people on this board are willing to help with.

I have COPD, severe edema and an a-fib heart condition. The madness must STOP, also we are spending $200 a week on smokes. $200 a week. That is nuts, will start a smoking journal tommorow. Any words of encouragment you have time to give will be appreciated. Have determined cold turkey is the way for me. Will consider ANY suggestions.

notverylikly, sadly running is not an option, have also been dignosed with rumetoid athritis. My physical condition has gone south way south, there are some things I cannot do. "Quentin's smoking journal" will be the title of a new thread. Again, thanks folks, you guys are awsome!!

Q the smoke stack.....

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I can only imaging what a struggle it must be to quit. If it were me, I'd want to know how long Nicotine stays in the body so as to understand how long I would have to endure the cravings. I hear that it's important to drink a lot of water in order to flush the nicotine out of the body.

Here is a link that might help....don't give up !

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/Topic/Reply/6/197590

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Cigarettes

You are addicted to them, but you can't spell the word

• wobble
    wobble

I can't spell whesky but I still drink the stuff. Cigareets are worse for yer though.

hope you are doing O.K Quentin !

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I would strongly suggest Champix.....for 10 weeks....

• Quentin
    Quentin

You are addicted to them, but you can't spell the word.....(Dark Side)....yup, when I left grade school my spelling skills, what little I had, went out the window. Don't know why....maybe I rolled em up and smoked em....HOOT...HOOOT...HOOT, still got it...

I would strongly suggest Champix.....(Hope4Others)....Thanks for the suggestion, it's a good one for folks that can take the med. Already take about 12 meds as is, one being 60 mg of MS Contin (morphine) twice a day. Weren't for Kathy I'd be over in a corner sitting in a puddle of drool. We bought Champix, $100 a box, one for her, one for me, then found out taint good for the ticker. She has a defibulator implant, I have an A-fib condition. Meds are hard to get lined up and working togather.

Going to go start my smoking thread........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit