Demon possessed furniture?? Any scriptural support?

by digderidoo 28 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    back in my day the rule was that you had to burn it to ashes, so as not to spread the "demon" to someone else.

That brought back a memory... my FIL found a "voodoo" doll in some boxes when a family member was moving. It was a toy doll that you buy at a novelty shop. It came with pins and the doll was nothing but fabric and stuffing with words printed on it. Gag gift thing.

But he got all bent out of shape about it and took it outside, doused it with lighter fluid and burned it up.

How could we have been such lunatics?

Exactly...

• JWoods
    JWoods
    But he got all bent out of shape about it and took it outside, doused it with lighter fluid and burned it up.

Somebody should have pointed out to him that if the thing were real - that would have just caused the human object of the voodoo spell to get 3rd degree butns all over their body -

Seriously, I remember similar cases from when I was an elder. Usually from people in the cong with mental issues - I always tried to talk them out of the demon notions. It usually did not work - they wanted ritual cleansing, not common reasoning.

EDIT to add - surely you meant BBQ lighter fluid, not cigarette lighter fluid...LOL

• sir82
    sir82

Well sure...if you happen to have a pigskin-covered chair.

• wasblind
    wasblind

"I knew one sister who swore she was being fucked with by demons. So her and her elder husband went through the house and got rid of everything purchased used or given to them until they felt they had eradicated it"

I think the husband got jealous, the Demons was servin' the wife better than he was.

• undercover
    undercover
    surely you meant BBQ lighter fluid, not cigarette lighter fluid

LOL, yea it was charcoal starter fluid. Not sure cigarette lighter fluid would work since it's used to light cigarettes which, according to the WTS, is also tied to demonism.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I once had a chair that had a weird lump in the middle of it and I could not sit comfortably when preparing for the meetings (or even watching TV).

Not sure if this answers the question but once I got rid of it I was able to prepare for the meetings a lot quicker.

Rub a Dub

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

So am I to seriously understand that none of you guys have ever had a Ouija board scream as you were burning it? As if...

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    none of you guys have ever had a Ouija board scream as you were burning it?

Neon .. not here

But as I mentioned above, that uncomfortable chair I once owned may have been demon-possessed since every time I sat in it someone was trying to stick something hard in my bung area (right between the cheeks).

Rub a Dub

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

Hm, not quite demon possessed furniture but my twin brother had nightmares where a black hooded man would stand over his bed. This was shortly after my mum died so I wonder why. But my cousin and his wife looked for all sorts of reasons why he was having nightmares and found a VHS recording of the original Lord of the Rings cartoon from about 30 years ago (if you have not seen it you must try and get hold of it - it is bizzare). It was really hard to get hold of but they binned it anyway. Did the nightmares stop? Well no, as I found out the one night I ever got to sleep around his house on the bottom bunk with him on the top and got drenched as he pissed the bed after another nightmare.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

but my twin brother had nightmares where a black hooded man would stand over his bed.

This reminds me of one of the Beevis and Butthead shows in which Beevis had too much expresso to drink. He really went bezerk. You know how caffeine can affect people, especially teenagers.

He began drinking and drinking it. Finally, he pulled his shirt over his head and exclaimed "I am Cornholio." He didn't have a black hood, but made his T-Shirt look like a hood. He kept walking back and forth with the shirt over his head yelling "I am Cornholio." It got really tense.

You would think it ended there but that's not the case.

He then started screaming "I need TP for my bunghole, TP for my bunghole" and other related comments.

In the end after the caffeine had worn off, things returned to normal. But it was still very tense, to say the least, while the situation developed.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit