Demon possessed furniture?? Any scriptural support?

by digderidoo 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Essan
    Essan

I'm being demonized by an old copy of the United in Worship book, as we speak.

It keeps screaming me that I'll die at Armageddon because I haven't put a report slip in the box for six years

But it's OK, I just put an open copy of Crisis of Conscience on top of it and it seems to have shut up - you can just hear a faint nervous whimpering now. :)

• Hadit
    Hadit

if powerful demons even exist, they would probably have more interesting things to do with their time than hang out in old coffee cups, sofas, and ottomans.

OMG Finally-Free - that got me laughing pretty good! How ridiculous were we to believe that crap?

I knew one sister who swore she was being f*cked with by demons.

Undercover: LOL! Okay - I didn't see the word "with" when I first read that!

Scriptural evidence: None!

If such spirit beings do exist - how does one go about burning them? Is there a special spirit burning invisible spray one can use?

If they don't burn do they jump into the next piece of furniture? If they do then does one have to burn all of their furniture? Will they eventually jump into the person who has now burnt everything he owns? Yikes! This is serious business!

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Does anybody have any links to WT articles or literature about it?

• peacedog
    peacedog

my question is, is there any scriptural support for demon possessed Christians?

JWs view their widespread 'demon problem' as evidence of their right standing before God, ie, they are the true Christians therefore Satan attacks them....

But where is the scriptural support for this notion? Wasn't it *unbelievers* who in the NT were attacked, possessed, or otherwise hampered by demons, while *believers* were protected? In fact didn't Jesus' disciples go around ass-kicking demons the hell out of people??

Show me the scriptural support for true Christians being possessed, attacked, or "bothered" by demons.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Essan, GOOD ONE!!

"If they don't burn do they jump into the next piece of furniture? If they do then does one have to burn all of their furniture? Will they eventually jump into the person who has now burnt everything he owns? ..."

GOOOOOOD point, Hadit!!

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

Demon stories I've heard (besides the urban legends we've all heard, of course):

1) My mom's former pioneer partner said that her apostate ex-husband brought home a table that was possessed with a demon. Their son, who was something like 6 or 7 at the time, claimed to have woken up on his bed floating in the air, and it crashed down as he woke up, and he saw a big green wavy demon face (because we all know children don't have active imaginations or nightmares). The pioneer partner toted the table off to a garbage dump or something and tried to convince the guy in charge, who was like, "hey, that's a pretty nice antique table you're tossing out there..." that he didn't want to take it home himself.

2) Mom also claims that another pioneer partner of hers (why are all these crazy women pioneers?) was studying with a medium or fortune-teller or something and that furniture moved around, and the study would stare at the pioneer all spooky/vacant-like and tell her that "her friend" was there and didn't like the pioneer and wanted her to leave. Pioneer partner also claimed that the woman's cat spoke to her (à la Balaam and the donkey?)

3) Mom claims that she had a study with an older woman whose son lived with her. She always felt when in the house that "something wasn't right" but couldn't put her finger on it. One day asked to use the woman's restroom and accidentally opened the wrong door to the son's room - and that there was an "altar to Satan" in his room, presumably with slaughtered goat heads and black occult candles or something. (In reality, probably just a Led Zeppelin poster or something, and the rest is overexaggeration/hype/myth).

4) My sisters swears that a store at the local mall (which sells things like displayable fantasy swords, wizard/dragon/unicorn figurines, etc.) made her feel "wrong" and violently ill when she went inside, because she could feel the demons flying around her and oppressing her from every side. She would make it a point to stalk dramatically out of the store every time we went to the mall. Which raised the question as to why she even went in there in the first place. Sigh.

I always felt like I must be the only person who hadn't yet seen demons. But boy, was I terrified of them. After all, the rest of my family clearly felt their presence, and they couldn't be wrong, could they? Oh. Wait.

Now my family tells everyone that I've gone over to serve Satan and am demon-possessed and have rebelled against Jehovah. No matter how much I tell them that I'm not possessed and haven't rebelled against anybody because you can't rebel against someone you don't believe in and I simply don't believe in Jehovah or Satan or demons anymore, they swear I'm lying (apparently I have motive to lie about such things). This is what these B.S. demon stories do to people.

Edit: I forgot one. There was also apparently a "brother in a neighboring congregation" (no name or congregation name was ever given) who was cocky and arrogant and laughed and said things like "Satan and his demons have no power over me! They can't touch me!" and he was promptly "knocked around and thrashed really bad one night and that taught him a lesson or two!" ...Like they considered it poetic justice of something. I just can't even begin to describe how many things I find wrong with this story.

• AGuest
    AGuest

It's false propaganda, lies, and bullpucky, dear Didg.. peace to you!

Spirits are LIVING beings... and therefore can only occupy living "vessels". Meaning, humans, plants, or animals. They can't do a thing with a piece of dead wood (including paper, good lordy - ), plastic, metal, rock, glass, furniture, toys... the TV/movie screen, etc. Seriously.

That is not to say, however, that such items can't be used to TRICK a person... to that they become "open" and so have their minds/hearts "occupied" by such spirits. "Bad" spirits only have the power one gives them... and it usually starts with fear. So, say, you read something... which puts fear in you: say, something about a little doll that comes to life and wreaks havoc on the lives of some humans (yeah, right - sigh!). As a result, you become afraid of dolls, if not toys altogether. That fear... is what will allow them to "make their home" IN you. YOU allow it... by YOUR fear... of something that isn't even real (i.e., talking dolls - yeah, right...).

I hope that helps... and I bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• baltar447
    baltar447

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the org down on these stories in recent years? Using 1 Tim 4:7 as the reasoning?

• Quandry
    Quandry

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the org down on these stories in recent years?

Yes, they used to have much more interesting talks years ago-in the 70's they had demon stuff in the Watchtower lessons-I remember one was about a witch doctor swinging chicken feet and telling villagers that the pioneers would die, and when they didn't, people started studying.

Another one, I think in a public talk, was that a woman who came to the meetings was demonized, and began yelling, and jumping around the hall. The elders rolled her up in a rug and took her outside. Most KHalls don't have rugs anymore, so I don't know how that would be handled today.

Then there were always the stories of demonized stuff being set on fire, but not burning.

I somehow missed the one about the smurf getting up and running out of the KHall (that one didn't make it to my hall, I suppose) but it must have made a few folks sit up and listen for awhile.

Yes, the meetings must be so boring now.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit