why work your ass off in America till you Die? Retire out of this country and send our politician a message

by DaCheech 27 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I communicate with uncles via internet, I guess they're not living in the stone age

• journey-on
    journey-on

I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying right here, I'm instilling our American values in those around me still young enough to embrace them with courage and determination, I'm talking about who we are as Americans, and why some power-hungry clueless people are determined to transform our country into a hopeless, dependent, needy bunch of takers that have forgotten how to make things happen. I'm teaching them what true equality means and what it means to truly embrace your right to pursue happiness. I'm teaching them about charitable acts from the heart....not those mandated by the government.

I'm going to vote vote vote every chance I get to get rid of politicians that are out to mentally enslave our people so they feel dependent on government for everything. I'm going to work to put into office and speak on behalf of those who stand by our constitution, and encourage enthusiastic drive and ambition in our youth.

I'm going to teach those in my charge and those near enough to hear the message that honor, character, and independence are still alive and well in a handful and that that handful can make a difference. It's time to nip some stuff in the bud before it's too late. So me and mine aren't going anywhere.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Your property taxes are high because of the grandfathered pension and health benefits that County, City, State and Municipal enjoy.

In many cases the annual pension payments exceed the annual salary depending on how well the person was able to "game" the system. Starts working at 18, retires at 40 after 22 years, earns FORTY years of full-salary pension and medical benefits?

• Violia
    Violia

I read that article and then a lot of the comments. I suggest all who are thinking of doing this read some of those comments. Sounds like the chamber of commerce has done a wonderful Pr piece.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

ministeramos, exactly right on.......... problem seen, how to resolve? None

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

We have discussed moving to another country also when we retire.

We are currently considering Mexico, the Dominican Republic and Detroit.

Rub a Dub

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

You won't solve it by moving to Belize. Beautiful beyond belief, yes. cheap, no.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

For anyone thinking Belize or Costa Rica are cheap, think again. So much stuff that you "expect" is imported. Unless you expect to live like a true local, forget it.

Rub a Dub

• Violia
    Violia

The comments section contain some interesting stories from people who actually did go there and found it not nearly as safe, sanitary and not nearly as much fun as the article suggests. It also does not mention ( according to comments ) that the locals generally hate you. It just sounded too good, sort of like paradise .

Just for fun type in "Americans considering moving to Belize for retirement" and see what comes up. The first one I got was an interesting forum and sounds like Belize is a cesspool. I knew a elder who left Belize in the 90's and that was his comment. He could not imagine why anyone would want to go there, except for a possible vacation.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

don't worry I look a little tan, they'll love me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit