Why have all predictions about END TIMES been proved false?

by Terry 58 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ding
    Ding

Terry,

About 9 years ago, OBVES advanced the dates December 31, 2001 / January 1, 2002.

OBVES' current date is September 29, 2011 with the year 2034 as an alternate.

You might want to add these dates to your chart, since they were posted right here on JWN...

• Ding
    Ding

For those members and lurkers who think the WTS still has great insight into end times chronology, one thing puzzles me about all their predictions based on Bible numbers: All of the information on which these dates and calculations are based has been available since antiquity. So why didn't any of the Bible writers (Jewish or Christian) or later Bible scholars seem to be aware of this information and simply calculate and give us these dates?

For example, the WTS gets 1914 from 7 "times" = 2520 years measured from 607 BCE (I'm assuming here for the sake of argument that the 607 date is correct). If this approach is correct, why didn't ancient Bible scholars do the math?

Likewise, Rutherford's 1925 came from 70 Jubilee cycles of 50 years each, measured from 1575 B.C., the year when (according to Rutherford) God gave Moses the sabbath system. (On page 88 of Millions Now Living Will Never Die, Rutherford himself calls this "a simple calculation." Why didn't ancient Bible scholars do the math?)

1975 was supposedly the end of 6000 years since Adam's creation, an "appropriate time" for Jehovah to bring about his "sabbath rest" of a paradise earth. Didn't the ancients know when Adam was created or that the 7000th year would be the start of a "sabbath"? Why was Fred Franz the first to notice this? Why didn't ancient Bible scholars do the math?

If the answer is that only the WTS has understood these prophecies because only they are Jehovah's spirit directed faithful and discreet slave organization, then why is it that nothing verifiable has happened on any of these dates?

If these dates are so easy to figure out by people who revere and understand the Bible, why did Brother Russell mistakenly think the parousia came in 1874 with 1914 being the date for the beginning of Armageddon?

My point is that since all this information (if accurate) was known from antiquity, why didn't anyone else notice this and why do these various WT date calculations all conflict with each other and give us different dates for the end?

• tec
    tec
    September 29, 2011

My birthday :)

• Satanus
    Satanus

God, i barely had enough energy to scroll down to get past all those doomsdays. Gotta escape this thread, like escaping a bad dream.

S

• whathappened
    whathappened

Here's a good Question for Readers for the Watchtower Society.

Luke 17:20 "But on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God was coming, he (Jesus) answered them and said, "The Kingdom of God will not come with stricking observableness, neither will people be saying, "See here! or There!" For look! The kingdom of God is in your midst." NWT

No one noticed World War I, did they? How could this be when God's Kingdom was established if the Kingdom of God doesn't come with "sticking observableness?" Why are you teaching the opposite?

(Side note: A lot of work was done on your post Terry. Amazing...)

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

In answer to the question as to "why have all predictions about END TIMES been proved false?:

- because the whole bloody thing is just a load of hocus-pocus.

Start and finish of the matter!

Sure, the end WILL Eventually come - but that will be when the sun runs out of nuclear fuel.

- This event has got nothing to do with the utterances of Charles Taze Russell, Joseph Smith, Joseph Rutherford, William Miller - or of mythical beings such as "Jehovah."

Bill.

PS: It won't happen in our lifetime!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Simple answer? There is no Biblical "END".

• FadeToGrey
    FadeToGrey

In answer to the question as to "why have all predictions about END TIMES been proved false?

I have been reading the forums a lot the last few weeks and it blows my mind what people have been put thourgh with this ass religion.

And to answer the above question.

As we say in Australia. Its all a load of shit.

start and finish of it.

I am so glad i have been awakened about this cancer of a religion. and faded.

But it still boils my blood all the carp it puts good people though.

• Listener
    Listener

You make a good point Ding. If it could be calculated from the bible and specifically from the Hebrew Scriptures then Jesus, the angels and Satan would all have known the dates but Jesus said no-one but God knew and I believe that includes the time appointed for Jesus' return.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit