Why have all predictions about END TIMES been proved false?

by Terry 58 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Christianity is love of God and love of neighbour, so it gives you happiness now and in the life to come.

I don't believe that for a second. Sure, that's what CHRIST said, but his words are surrounded by a lot of other books which sing a very different tune.

-Sab

• steve2
    steve2

I agree with Sab: Christianity is the "love child" of a very bloodthirsty parent, Judaism. The blood soaked book of Revelation shows how hard it is to teach an old dog new tricks. Message of love it ain't.

• The Finger
    The Finger

If you love God then you will love your neighbour. Maybe not all who claim christianity love God.

• Terry
    Terry

Religious people are so self-centered the cannot possibly imagine it isn't ALL ABOUT THEM. This means THEY are the final generation.

This means THEY will see the scenario play out and receive THEIR reward now.

It is infantilism writ large.

• -stache-
    -stache-

Did Ronald Weinland predict that 2010 would see the end of the world, or was it supposed to be 2012?

• Quentin
    Quentin

marked

• Quentin
    Quentin

Will there be an "END OF DAYS?"...Yes. When? Who knows. How? Who knows. As the dinosaur passed so will humankind, till then this is what we get.......

• Listener
    Listener

Why have all predictions about END TIMES been proved false?

The way that question has been posed is very clever, to break it down

Why - there must be a reason and it needs to be examined carefully

All - Not just once, not just twice, but many times

Predictions - they will deny this but that is what it is

False - the opposite of THE TRUTH

The first and most obvius answer that comes to mind is that it shouldn't never have been done in the first place (or even again and again)

• garyneal
    garyneal

The one thing I can be certain of is that the end will eventually come for me. Hopefully it will be a long time before it comes though.

Personally, I've heard hints at dates and even dates before many times myself. The Y2K deal got hyped up big time but most of the people I know knew better than to try to suggest something biblical was going to happen.

I think people look at reality and don't like what they see. I know I don't. The thought that things will get better has appeal. Of course, we should all simply do what we can to make the world better now. However, for many people, they feel powerless to bring about any real and lasting change.

ProdigalSon: I've been following your posts and noticed that they sound very gnostic in nature. I watched the nostradamus 2012 movie and noted where a jew was predicting a shift in conciousness too. Sometimes I think that in order for our world to really change we need to change. In other words, our very nature needs to change. My understand of the Bible shows that this change will come about upon Christ's return.

• Mickey mouse

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit