Why have all predictions about END TIMES been proved false?

by Terry 58 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Fear mongering apocalyptic charlatans have easy targets in poorly educated countries.

Education is the vaccine against these protagonists of fear, ignorance and coercion.

Camping is just another American charlatan that uses the end time prophecies to

draw attention to his public talks and radio show...etc. , a religious flavored capitalist.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

One thing that gets missed in evaluating these charlatans is they themselves realize that

not much will happen to them if their proclaiming predictions become false.

Even the leaders of the WTS, knew nothing really bad could happen to them in all their date setting

didn't come true.

These people are culling power, control, attention and money and thats their inner driving mechanism,

they may lose devoted followers but the money is theirs to keep and use to their own desire.

• oompa
    oompa

Why have they been proved false?....are we in lala land here?......you cant prove it false to those with no ability to reason.....like my wife and son and friends.......so there is NO PROVING IT.....where did this insane notion even come from??.....sorry but just lmao......PROVED FALSE!!!!!.....HAHAHAHA

• startingover
    startingover

Wasn't there a poster that claimed sometime in early 2010 for the end, or was it 2009 (times goes by so fast)? I looked but can't find it now.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

mark to get confused later

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ask the volcanologists and/or the astronomers...

The REAL 'end' will come when Yellowstone - or some other super-volcano - has a MAJOR eruption, or an asteroid/comet successfully slips past human efforts to deflect it and hits earth...

'Till then, I'm a'gonna have FUN!!

Zid

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

How about this: Jesus said (I am paraphrasing here) that "No one can know the day or the hour [of the End]" and He also said "The times and seasons that are in the Father's jurisdiction do NOT belong to humans."

He said those things at Matthew 24:36 and Acts 1:7.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Sabastious,

Great question!

I think the answer is found in 2 Peter 3:11-14:

Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of persons ought YOU to be in holy acts of conduct and deeds of godly devotion, awaiting and keeping close in mind the presence of the day of Jehovah, through which [the] heavens being on fire will be dissolved and [the] elements being intensely hot will melt! But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell. Hence, beloved ones, since YOU are awaiting these things, do YOUR utmost to be found finally by him spotless and unblemished and in peace.

So, the command to "be ready" means that we should be ready in the sense of our conduct and how we are living, no matter when Jesus returns.

• The Finger
    The Finger

Terry,

Christianity is love of God and love of neighbour, so it gives you happiness now and in the life to come.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    So, the command to "be ready" means that we should be ready in the sense of our conduct and how we are living, no matter when Jesus returns.

This type of thing to me is a blatent form of control.

Think about the concept here:

1. End of the world IS coming

2. There is defininitely things WE need to do to survive it

3. Those things are NOT completely spelled out

4. Still, we NEED to "be ready"

5. The End could come at ANY moment or not for another 1,000 years

^ You see my point? This concept was manufactured to control.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit