Why have all predictions about END TIMES been proved false?

by Terry 58 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Ah, if only these people listened to Jesus :

6 So when they had come together, they asked him, “Lord, is this the time when you will restore the kingdom to Israel?” 7 He replied, “It is not for you to know the times or periods that the Father has set by his own authority

Then Christ would have given them "peace of mind", LOL !

;)

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Terry! Wow and Wow! What a factual list you have taken the time to share with us. Anyone who uses their reasoning ability and logic ability and objectively takes a long and hard look at these facts has to admit that there is no such thing as an "END TIME."

The universe exists, time moves on, life and death are two constants that continue on and on. We are born, we live so long, and then we are gone.

Where we go when we die is the question of humanity.

So, religion and belief systems bail some out from the fear and denial of death.

However, that is an aside from what you have posted.

Thanks for all your hard work and sharing it with us.

Blueblades/ Mall Cop

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

That's easy. They've all failed because the end is never coming. All the end time garbage was invented to keep people in line. Scare them into submission.

The end is never coming. Life will go on one way or another. Long after we are gone and the human race is gone. Life will continue to thrive on this planet and in the universe.

I always tell my JW family that I would rather enjoy my life now than worry about the end of time.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Why have all predictions about END TIMES been proved false?

Because... those... who... PREDICT[ED]... them... were/are... false.

They "keep observing dates and times and seasons..." and "leaning on [their] own understanding." And so you get... what you get: nothing.

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• moshe
    moshe
    All the end time garbage was invented to keep people in line. Scare them into submission.

Religion is the free policeman for the rich, for it keeps the poor man from killing him and stealing his wealth and his wife. No wonder freedom of religion is s state sanctioned right in most countries. Religion gives the downtrodden a way to accept why the rich are their masters and why they need to accept their place in life.

• Terry
    Terry

LIBERATION THEOLOGY has targeted the poor underclass and is quietly building a voting block to turn the wealth of the businessmen into a piggy bank for those who yoke the downtrodden with promises of equality!

The Catholic Church has gone where people are less intellectually challenging: the Third World (where it has been ever successful).

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Terry

Great List

Thanks

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Ah, if only these people listened to Jesus :
    6 So when they had come together, they asked him, “Lord, is this the time when you will restore the kingdom to Israel?” 7 He replied, “It is not for you to know the times or periods that the Father has set by his own authority
    Then Christ would have given them "peace of mind", LOL !
    ;)

Matthew 24:3

As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. "Tell us," they said, "when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?"

^ People care about timelines

... vs 4-8

4 Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

^ Jesus gives something to look for

vs 36

No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

^ So it is not for us to know the exact date, but being aware of the "the times" is still important (from what Jesus said).

Jesus didn't "throw us a bone" there is a reason why he gave us VERY SPECIFIC signs to watch out for, why? From your post it would seem you hold the opinion that trying to figure out ANYTHING about the End of the World is fruitless.

It's a copout position IMO. "Have your cake and eat it too" kind of argument. According to Matthew 24, it is exremely important for the people living in the times he is describing to recognize it and act upon it in an aggressive way:

vs 42-44

42 "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

I personally see a Biblical contridiction here. We are supposed to be "ready" for something that we "will NOT expect"

Isn't that a command to "expect the unexpectable"?

-Sab

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I was just in Barbados and Harold Camping flyers were everywhere on telephone poles and buildings. I really hope some sociologist is studying the current Camping date settings and the reaction of his followers to the disappointment. It will be interesting to see what happens this time.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

OCT. 8, 1968 AWAKE "THERE HAVE BEEN THOSE IN TIMES PAST WHO PREDICTED AN END OF THE WORLD. BUT THE END NEVER CAME. WHY? WHAT WAS MISSING? MISSING WAS THE EVIDENCE GOD WAS NOT BACKING THEM." THE WATCHTOWER ADMITTED THEY DID NOT HAVE GOD'S BACKING. I PERSONALY BELIEVE THE BIBLE IS HISTORY. TRUE HISTORY BUT HISTORY.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit