Two questions: 1) what was the announcement about paperback Bibles and 2) what was the video posted earlier, I think it was something about blood - plus a third thing they mentioned in the meeting

by slimboyfat 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

New Acts book? When did that come out? I know it wasn't this past DC and I'm current up to that.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Sounds like I have should have stocked up on pocket Bibles instead then!

• yknot
    yknot

Oh well I never liked the new bibles anyway......removing the brackets makes me uncomfortable...(Viva Verde)

I checked JW.org.....and NO the Bearing book is not available in PDF or MP3 (yet)

However if anyone is needing a PDF copy

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/178374/1/2009-Bearing-Thorough-Witness-About-Gods-Kingdom-PDF

or

http://www.4shared.com/document/XXgWHOMg/2009-Bearing-Thorough-Witness-.html

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Soldier ... New "Acts" book was 2009 convention release.

• St George of England
    St George of England

It's not only the Bibles that have gone to soft covers, so have the bound volumes of the WT and Awake for a few years now. Just a thin plastic material cover that gives no support so they flop all over shelf unless packed tightly.

As YNOT said the new Bibles have the brackets removed so where they used to put a word in brackets to show it had been added there is no way of knowing that added words were not in the original text. A case of altering the Bible to fit doctrine.

George

PS Today's Day Text shows that what is written by the WTS is just as important as the Bible itself:

w084/15p.7par.19Repudiate“ValuelessThings”***

19When it comes to valueless words, elders too learn an important lesson. Whenever they are called upon to give counsel, they bear in mind their limitations and do not presume to offer counsel solely from their own personal store of knowledge. They should always point to what the Bible says. A sound rule is found in the words of the apostle Paul: “Do not go beyond the things that are written.” (1 Cor. 4:6) Elders do not go beyond the things that are written in the Bible. And by extension, they do not go beyond the Bible-based counsel written in the publications of the faithful and discreet slave.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I know, softcover bound volumes! What's the point?

• yknot
    yknot

I don't think being a publishing company is profitable anymore.......but if they sell all the Bethels that is going to ruin their real estate holding company plan in the long run too....

What to do, what direction to take ........?????

I think the only real sustainable business option is branding and pulling a Rutherford by uber centralizing everything (yet somehow appearing to not be centralizing for the sake of lessening responsibility in lawsuits)

• metatron
    metatron

This is significant. They can't even print and bind books competently anymore. Knorr is spinning in his grave. He took great pride in what the factory produced, regardless of what the crappy contents were.

The failure of the 'Sons of Bernie Madoff' Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses continues.

metatron

• yknot
    yknot
    Knorr is spinning in his grave

nah.....he is sitting back up in his heavenly reward asking himself if it was really worth it being stuck with all the other GB for eternity......contemplating on how he can expand his 'kingdom' in the NooSystem without Fred, well maybe with Fred....that really is the question I mean in the Noo System his perfection should finally give him the writing skills so why do tag team with Fred?...but maybe not

• No Apologies
    No Apologies
    Elders do not go beyond the things that are written in the Bible. And by extension, they do not go beyond the Bible-based counsel written in the publications of the faithful and discreet slave.

How can anyone read stuff like this and not wonder what the heck is going on????

No Apologies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit