How to deal with "Whoe other than JW are preching today?"

by Simon Morley 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• debator
    debator

Hi cantleave

I use the whole bible and Jehovah aka the tetragramation is well established from the hebrew scriptures as God's name. If you only use the greek scriptures you are severly curtailing your biblical knowledge.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I am questioning what you use, my question refers to why the NWT inserts the Tetragrammton into the Greek scriptures, whebn it wasn't there originally. Surely that is mistranslating!

• debator
    debator

Hi cantleave

Jehovah/tetragramation is God's name this is an established bible fact from the hebrew scriptures and Jesus's reference to it (matt 6:9) what does it's inclusion in the greek scriptures do to this established point? Are you saying God changed his mind?

• cantleave
    cantleave

If it aint in the original text - it should not be added to a modern translation!

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

"Preaching" in itself isn't a virtue.

I could preach that my watermelon is a washing machine. It wouldn't make my preaching a good thing, and wouldn't make my preaching true. It would only make me seem somewhat crazy.

• debator
    debator

Hi cantleave

but this is a different topic to the one under discussion. I said witnesses use God's name Jehovah which is biblically established whether you think it is in the greek scripturs or not, it is certainly refered by the greek scriptures that quote it when refering to the hebrew scriptures and Jesus directly refers to it. So I'm failing to see what you point acheives?

• debator
    debator

Hi quill

Exactly, what Witnesses do is preach the correct message of salvation from the Bible God's own word.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

debator....

preach the correct message

Okay. I should go and check whether my watermelon is on the rinse cycle.

Batshit.

• possible-san
    possible-san

JWs preach door to door because their boss (GB) in their company is nagging about that (Eigyou).
    They (GB) have pretended that that activity has a biblical reason, in order to don't come to light that is business/sales (Eigyou), IMO.

I think that it is ridiculous to think that JWs are correct, after getting to know the "luxurious life" of Rutherford.

Well, I think that the subject of the "Divine Name" is not related to this current subject.
    About that, I have made the collection of links in my website.
    http://godpresencewithin.web.fc2.com/pages/link/link03.html
    http://godpresencewithin.web.fc2.com/pages/link/link05.html

possible

• possible-san
    possible-san

Interestingly, Rutherford hardly preached door to door.
    Probably, also when he was in that "palatial mansion", he did not preach to neighboring people, IMO.

Do you have an evidence which he preached for 90 hours in one month?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit