How to deal with "Whoe other than JW are preching today?"

by Simon Morley 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Renibator:

Hi quill

Exactly, what Witnesses do is preach the correct message of salvation from the Bible God's own word.

My reply: False prophecy? False Jesus? Go do some research.

• designs
    designs

Don't all of the Denominations, JW and others alike, work from a premise that there is a 'correct' or 'true' Jesus to start from. That this 'Jesus' can be found only if one follows a particular groups message. What trust can a person have in a 'Jesus' manipulated and politicized even while the groups claiming this true 'Jesus' have been involved in that actual manipulation and politicizing process.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Research is too very difficult.

Hi isaac

My reply: blahblahblah too long/don't read this Jesus stuff

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Ok, Quill..let me just adress the question as asked...Who is preaching? Most groups preach- via interent, radio, bill boards....some preach at malls...shopping centers...some, such as Mormons do door to door....JWs are not at all unique here...the only unique thing about the JWs is that they are the ones who count their time.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Quill...I wasn't telling you to do research. I was reply to debators comment to you. Sorry for the confusing way I did that.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Broken telephone, isaac, I just said hi. I think you should be responding to others!

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Step 1: Lern to spel

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Well, duh, no one other than JWs are preaching the WTS doctrine. Just like no one other than Pentecostals are preaching Pentecostal doctrine, no one other than Baptists are preaching Baptist doctrine, etc. The "who else is preaching" is such a circular, idiotic argument, I can't believe people still fall for it.

And one more thing. It's been my experience that JWs trot out the ol' "who else is preaching" canard when they're backed into a theological corner over something like 607, 1914, false prophecies, or other wacky, hard-to-defend WTS doctrines/practices. The line of "reasoning" is 'maybe we have some theological issues, but don't worry too much about those, God will correct them in time if they're wrong...and anyway, who else is preaching?'

The WTS teaches that some group has to be fulfilling Matt. 24:14 right now, because the Last Days are right now, having started in 1914. However, what if 1914 is wrong and we aren't in the Last Days? In that case, the "preaching work" of the WTS is not fulfilling Matt. 24:14 any more than the "preaching work" of the Catholic church in the 1300s was fulfilling Matt. 24:14. Put another way, the WTS argument that its preaching work makes it God's only true organization rises and falls with 1914.

So, when a WTS follower concedes Last Days doctrinal issues such as 607/1914, but attempts to prop up the WTS using the "preaching work" argument, the logic breaks down. The "preaching work" argument depends on 1914.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

OMG, so similar to the JW argument of 'where else is there to go'..when trapped they throw that out there in hopes of getting onto more comfortable territory for them...such as 'all other groups teach the trinity, hellfire, immortality of the souls...'...which is not these anyway...but it is all curcilar logic in the mind of a JW.

• Scully
    Scully

Lots of people are "preaching", just turn on the TV and you're bound to find some kind of televangelist on at pretty much any time of the day, any time, anywhere.

The point I like to make with JWs is that it's important to be preaching the truth, and doubtless they will agree and further state that this is what makes televangelists false teachers.

Then I'll turn it on them and say something to the effect that "with the changing beliefs around what constitutes a Generation™, what you were teaching a year ago also makes you a false teacher. Any doctrine that the WTS has changed makes the previous belief a false teaching and a LIE. You can't belong to this religion without being willing to LIE on its behalf."

They misrepresent to Householders™ what they believe about blood transfusions, about the Headship Arrangement™, about who will or will not survive Armageddon™, about the requirement for going Door-to-Door™, about the practice of shunning and Disfellowshipping™, about the expectations regarding restricting association with non-JWs. I know this because it was part of my own training as a JW.

Even giving them the benefit of the doubt, they are dishonest salespeople. Without giving them the benefit of the doubt, they are barefaced liars, all of them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit