is the good news preached by the wts the same of the apostle Paul?

by marcopolo 28 Replies latest jw friends

• debator
    debator

Hi yknow

I find what the witnesses preach the most measurably biblical correct of any christian denomination in this time and this shows up more when measured against Trinitaran faiths and their (far from the bible) teachings.

• yknot
    yknot

The good news of the WTS has nothing to do with trinity.

Our Arian beliefs are just that, Arian...... there are other Arians afterall in the world.

It seems like so many JWs today don't discern beyond ' The Three' (no hellfire, trinity and IoS)

Either way those are not actually part of our 'gospel' so much as interpretations (which I myself still strongly profess)

• debator
    debator

Hi Yknot

While Arians had similar teachings to witnesses they were also effected by culture of greek philosophy then and allowing it to shape exegesis but admittedly history would have been a lot different if they hadn't been overturned and all their works destroyed. We now have a history very polluted by trinitarian agenda that had no problem killing men and destroying documents that didn't agree with their triad God belief.

Jews believed in One God and father but was it enough for them? Muslims believe in One God but was it enough for them. When I looked at where are currently, very few Arian type religions compare as well to witnesses who stand out as ones that have gone past this basic bible truth and matured to greater bible truths because not only do they believe in One Jehovah God but also present themselves as his people fully using his name.

Isaiah 52:6
    Therefore my people will know my name; therefore in that day they will know that it is I who foretold it. Yes, it is I."

• yknot
    yknot

Sweety,

I have been a JW all my life....

......I think we should not hijack the thread anymore on the subject of trinity as it has no bearing on the topic......

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hi Debator,

If you mean basic foundation WT doctrine, i.e. soul sleep, no hellfire, earth's destiny, no trinity, etc. you may well have a point. However, the GB's insistence on total uncritical submission, surrender of one's individual conscience to a group of reclusive, arrogant old men, reliance on chronology,and ruthless intolerance and severe punishment of even the most respectfully worded dissent, are the real problems with the organization, and the real divergence from primitive Christianity.

• debator
    debator

Hi 215

Your deliberately emotionally manipulative words aside, I'm glad we can agree on the basics and look around and see what other Christian religions have not realised. Jesus set up the Flock/group exclusive if you don't like it blame him. You don't like older men?

1 Peter 5:5
    Young men, in the same way be submissive to those who are older. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."

1 Corinthians 5:11-13 (New International Version)

11 But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you." [a]

Expelling is a Bible punishment you need to take up with God.

"Primitive Christianity" functioned as a unified group that had older men and apostles that set up congregations and elders for each congregation. Writing what are now books of the bible as instruction manuals for the flock to follow as a unified group even appointing overseers to make decisions for the whole among ourselves (Paul's letters in particular). We are told to have agreement within ourselves and avoid division.

This is all Biblical writings you are disgreeing with.

• cantleave
    cantleave

The older men you refer to could be any older clergyman.

There is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER the the old men in Brooklyn New York were chosen to be gods official chanel of communication in 1919.

None whatsoever!!!! That is the biggest lie they tell. Everything else after that is just perpetuation of the first lie.

• designs
    designs

What's the first tip in the Epistles that Paul may have been a uninformed antisemite or ghost writer

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

No, the WT does not preach the same good news that the apostle Paul preached. Paul's preaching was Jesus-intensive. The WT's 'good news' is of coming to them to be saved...and chock full of false prophecy along the way. I seem to remember a verse in Galatians 1:8 about those who preach another gospel. Look out WT.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Debator, the type of submission/cooperation, respect etc. the Bible urges the flock to demonstrate to the older men of the congregation is of the type one is urged to show to his/her father, or wife-to-husband, and worlds apart from the ham-fisted, Hitlerian authoritarianism of the GB and its stooges. If you doubt this, why not tell your local Circuit Overseer, or better yet, write the boys in Patterson, of your efforts to "straighten out" all of us here? On that note, weren't you, as a loyal JW, cautioned to eschew debating? Just wondering

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit