is the good news preached by the wts the same of the apostle Paul?

by marcopolo 28 Replies latest jw friends

• carvin
    carvin

In a word...NO

I may not totally understand this/or believe it but is not the good news the Death, burrial, and resurection of Christ? I thought that one thing that set Christianity apprt was that they have a risen savior and most other major religions have dead prophits.

I do believe the the WT loves paul for his dictator like personality.

Debator - When you stand before the throne of Christ, what are you going to answer when he asks "Who do you say that I am"? Is your answer going to be "I don't believe in the trinity"? I find it funny that so many JW's say they looked at all other religions and the WT is the only one preaching the truth. With so mush devine insite as to know what the truth is before you start looking why are they not starting their own religion?

• yesidid
    yesidid

These are quotes where they are proud of their different gospel.

Feb 1, 2006 Watchtower, page 25, para 14:

"That issue of The Watch Tower further stated: "in 1920,...Bible Students came to a correct understanding of our Lord's prophecy contained in Matthew 24:14. They then realized that 'this gospel' which was to be preached in all the world for a testimony to the Gentiles or all nations, was not a gospel of a kingdom yet to come but a gospel to the effect that the Messianic King has begun his reign over the earth."

*** w81 5/1 17-18 If God Has an Organization, What Is It? *** 3 Let the honest-hearted person compare the kind of preaching of the gospel of the Kingdom done by the religious systems of Christendom during all the centuries with that done by Jehovah’s Witnesses since the end of World War I in 1918. They are not one and the same kind. That of Jehovah’s Witnesses is really “gospel,” or “good news,” as of God’s heavenly kingdom that was established by the enthronement of his Son Jesus Christ at the end of the Gentile Times in 1914. (Luke 21:24) The worldwide witness given to this effect under the barrage of international persecution and opposition could have been given only by means of God’s all-conquering spirit. It was accomplished neither by the spirit of man nor by that of Satan the Devil. It was done with the help of God’s holy angels, as is indicated in Revelation 14:6, 7:

y

• debator
    debator

Hi Cantleave

Jesus made the apointments before he left setting up those that qualified from among the flock to be the shepherds. Paul gives us instruction on how to appoint men as overseers and elders, leadership is said to be a gift of how the congregation functions along with administrators etc. These people will show this gift by becoming shepherds directing the congregation correctly. Their fruitage points them out.

Whats is the fruitage of trinity shepherds? unbiblical doctrines, false worship of a triune God, idolatry, laxity on god's moral laws etc If these so-called shepherds were doing their job they would be striping these centuries old false doctrines and avoiding cultural pressures to conform to relaxing morality.

The fruitage of witness shepherds is the purity of the bible teaching we have. They simply have done the job correctly according to bible directives and been blessed with help for it. Letting the bible explain itself rather than put doctrines onto it. They are condemned for doing their job when people prefer the absent distance of other church leaders that enjoy saying but not doing.

Room 215

Your emotional appeal to Godwins law aside. Paul under spirit inspiration was strict himself, instructing which man should be expelled. In his letters Paul deals with lots of everyday topic that happen in the flocks guiding them on apearance, functionality, association with the world , issue specific to individual congregations etc. You should be condemning him also by this measure you are measuring out.

Hi isaac

I am confident witnesses have the correct Gospel since ours is the one that passes the bible text of actually being in the bible and not just read into it.

J

• Chalam
    Chalam

Is the good news preached by the wts the same of the apostle Paul?

The answer is in the text.

Galatians 1:6-9 (English Standard Version)

No Other Gospel
    6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed. So what is the gospel? "The grace of Christ"..."the gospel of Christ". Are JWs preaching it? No. For starters, they are preaching the gospel of "jehovah". Here's THE gospel, as explained by Paul.

1 Corinthians 15 (New International Version)

1 Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve. 6 After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep.

Three verses (3-5) of to receive, take your stand on and be saved, plain and simple.

Blessings,

Stephen

• designs
    designs

Just remember kids if you don't accept St. Stephen's god its Roast-a-dora time, His god literally spits fiery charcoal.

Lovely...

• yesidid
    yesidid
    Just remember kids if you don't accept St. Stephen's god its Roast-a-dora time, His god literally spits fiery charcoal.

Yeah, a spot of pot calling kettle black.

• WildeLover
    WildeLover

hi all

i am so confused!

i read that Jesus is preaching about the kingdom of God--> what did he mena? what was the kingdom to Jesus?

also Paul was preaching the good news of the kingdom and also he was declaring the good news of Jesus' resurrection and triumph over death. what did the kingdom mean to Paul?

i mean was there any point in Paul and Jesus preaching about a kingdom that was not going to be estabklished for antoher nealry 1900 years?

thanks

WildeLover

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Paul taught that no humans need to teach, holy spirit would teach you. that one who is being taught is being fed milk, once they had a foundation they should be able to learn on their own w/ holy spirit.

So the WT does not preach what Paul preached. Paul was angry at those trying to bind others consciences, etc.

If Paul had anything to say to anointed today, it would be what he said in Gal 1:11 - all of chapter 2.

ALso 1 John 2:27 says the same thing.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Do not confuse what is contained in the New Testament with anything written by the Watchtower/ JW's. That is the first rule when trying to avoid confusion dear Wildelover.

The N.T as we have it today is a collection of writings that the Roman Catholic church considered in about 381 or 2 A.D should be included as "canonical " and therefore inspired scripture.

They left out a hell of a lot of early Christian writings.

What they have included are , in date order, the writings of Paul himself, the Deuteropauline writings, those supposedly from Paul but actually from the "School" of Paul, a few individual items, Hebrews, James, etc and then the Gospels and then Revelation probably followed by the Letters of "John".

Arguments as to the exact dating will continue forever, but I have tried to outline a consensus of opinion.

Notice the writings of Paul are the earliest, so these are closer to the original teaching by Jesus about the "Kingdom" than the Gospels or anything else.

Which does not mean they reflect necessarily what "Jesus" himself spoke of. We must remember that what seems to have happened is that a very charismatic teacher, Jesus , lived and taught in Palestine up until around 30C.E, the most probable date for his death.

It seems that straight away a myth grew up that he was more than a mere man, and was raised up from the dead, "congregations" of "followers" sprang up.

Seeing these as a threat to Judaism, which was probably why "Jesus" met his demise, Saul began to persecute any who were propagating the myth, but he had his "experience" on the road to Damascus that was so real to him he went and learned as much about the Teacher as he could, he then began to evolve his own explanation for it all, and his strain of the Jesus Cult was born.

To Paul it was all about Christ being alive in Heaven and salvation through Him, the "Kingdom" was more of an add on, "an administration" as the NWT has it.

What the Teacher Jesus really taught and said and did ,is lost in the mists of time, the late writings like the Gospels, are written with an agenda all of their own, even what is probably the earliest Mark, is no real window into what really happened, it is the start of the myth of Jesus.

None of what is contained in the Bible we have today is prophetic I.M.H.O

p.s I hope you are doing well, and you are progressing toward a proper fade ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit