is the good news preached by the wts the same of the apostle Paul?

by marcopolo 28 Replies latest jw friends

• marcopolo
    marcopolo

help me:

the good news of the kingdom of God,.. a kingdom that come to govern on the earth, this WTS teach...

but the apostles and Christians preached this? Gal 1:8,9

• sir82
    sir82

Well of course!

Original working title for the "Watchtower" magazine was "Stuff Paul meant to write before he ran out of time".

• wasblind
    wasblind

Gal 1:8,9

that's right, And i'm putting all JW's who come knocking on my door, that you won't be getting my house after all!!!!!!

• onefootout
    onefootout

It's much more Apostle Paul than Jesus Christ. I often felt how christianity would change (probably for the better) if Paul's writings were removed from the bible.

New Evidence...Paul was an undercover plant from the Pharisees to totally undermine Jesus' message!!

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Please observe these words carefully:

Colossians 1:23 "....provided, of course, that you continue in the faith, established on the foundation and steadfast and not being shifted away from the hope of that good news which you heard, and which was preached in all creation under heaven. Of this [good news], I Paul became a minister."

Since Paul was the first to bring Christianity to the West, when exactly was this preached in all creation under heaven before he became a minister to it? And isn't it amazing that Paul never once makes mention of any "virgin birth"? He really doesn't seem to know about much of anything that is written in the gospels.

According to scholars, Paul's epistles were written before the Gospels as they were finalized and presented at the Council of Nicea. In fact there were a multitude of gospels to choose from, but only the ones that fit into Constantine's ecumenical version of Christianity (making Jesus a god-man and the ONLY Christ), were accepted into the canon. So Paul was talking about a good news Gospel that had been known to all ancient civilizations, and was already common knowledge, through mythology. (See "Zeitgeist".)

"That which is known as the Christian religion, existed among the ancients, and never did not exist; from the beginning of the human race until the time Christ came in the flesh, at which time the true religion, which already existed began to be called Christianity." -Saint Augustine of Hippo, Retractions, Book One, Part 12, "One Book On The True Religion".

PS

• I quit!
    I quit!

The Watctower's good news goes something like this: if you become a JW and do all the things that the Watchtower tells you to do you will get a chance to live on a paradise earth for 1000 years then you will be tested . I you fail the test God will kill you.

Contrast this with what Paul said at 1Corinthians 15:1-5 ( I'm only quoting part of it) Now I would remind you, brothers and sisters of the good news that I proclaimed to you, which you in turn received, in which also you stand, through which also you are being saved.........that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the scriptures and that he was buried, and that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the scriptures. NRSV

• wobble
    wobble

Paul says in Galatians1v8 " even if we, or an angel out of heaven were to declare to you as good news something beyond what we declared to you as good news, let him be accursed".

So Paul was not to go beyond what had already been established as GN, and nobody, not even a Governing Body in Brooklyn was to listen to an angel whispering in their lughole, so how can any individual or group claim to be " God's Channel " ?????

And what did Paul preach ?

! Cor 1v 23 "but we preach Christ impaled ......"

The list of things "beyond" this that the WT teaches is so long we do not have room on a single thread to list them !

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I do recall that there is an article, or maybe it was a talk, where the claim was made that they no longer preach the same message the apostles did. The reasoning was that the message of the apostles was future tense, the bOrgites current message is present tense.

• debator
    debator

Are you prepared to use this stick you have raised and measure it against every religion that calls themselves Christian? Measuring what they teach against the Bible and what the Apostles including Paul preached and teached?

• yknot
    yknot

Debator..... the WTS itself admits it's good news, the WTS gospel is different.

Further if you discern WTS history you get the 'deeper' context of the question......

Why not measure other denominations? I say yeppers!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit