Big News in Ireland

by wantarevolution 42 Replies latest members private

• minimus
    minimus

it just proves we're living in the last days.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Praise be to Jah!!!!

• designs
    designs

Are they giving the Island back to the Catholics and Protestants

I know a family whose daughter is in Ireland pioneering, but I've been out of that loop for to many years to know how things are going.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Snakes - Interesting. Certainly fits in with all the moves they've made over the past decade to save money. I wish I could get my hands on that report. Can you imagine what the rank and file would think? It would certainly prove to those on the fence that the WTS is digging in for the long haul!

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

They'll say they are closing the branch because the preaching work is drawing to a close and more attention is needed in less developed countries in the short time left remaining in this system....then in 10 years when everyone forgets about it, they'll reopen the Irish Bethel and say it's because of the phenomenal growth occuring there.

• Scully
    Scully

How can it possibly be losing money if they are running the place on contributions and slave labour?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    How can it possibly be losing money if they are running the place on contributions and slave labour?

That's what I was thinking...geez a guy can't even keep a job that he works for free!

• wobble
    wobble

I am not sure if they worry too much about the day to day cost of running such places, which is probably just about covered by contributions from the country concerned, but maybe they are desperate at present to get some more cash back to the U.S, so selling a valuable property here and there makes sense to them.

It makes you wonder why the Holy Spirit did not direct "God's Spirit Directed Organization" to unload these properties before the bubble burst, when they were really worth something.

Even little old me, no property expert, foresaw that it would have been a good idea to get out of Brooklyn in the U.S.A and Mill Hill in the U.K years ago, I said as much to an Elder in our Congo. when I was an active witless.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I always wondered what the Point of the Dublin branch was. I know a few Special Pioneers out there, I bet they will just got about there business without any thought to the changes.

• wantarevolution
    wantarevolution

Initially it was to act as a depot for literature, however that idea changed soon after it was opened (so they had a giant warehouse, warehousing nothing)

Then it was used to recieve shipments for London for delivery drivers - then that stopped and a lorry from London delivered to congregations directly - so there was no need for drivers

So basically, it turned into a glorified nursing home, with some new blood bought in and some put out to pasture

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit