Big News in Ireland

by wantarevolution 42 Replies latest members private

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Some of the more nationalistic brothers aren't going to like being under Mill Hill

I don't want to drag this thread too far off topic, but this statement intrigued me. Are there social tensions or barriers between brothers from the UK, and Ireland?

• wantarevolution
    wantarevolution

God no - it is just always been a pride thing to have the bethel in Dublin - most of the people doing the work in the 60's and 70's were from the Uk and stayed, had families and integrated very very well...

• sir82
    sir82
    Would like to see how the the JW propaganda machine can possibly turn that into something positive??

More time to associate with the brothers! No, that was reducing the length of the meetings.

More emphasis on the Bible! No wait, that was cutting Awake production by half.

More pioneers to the field! Hmm, that one might stick, it worked when reducing US Bethel staff by 2000 workers

Well, if all else, fails, there's always....

Simplification! Simple is better! (come to think of it, that explains the quality of talks and publications over the past few decades as well....)

• Gayle
    Gayle

wow, Ireland showed a 4% increase on pubs on 2009 Annual Report too. So they may be bringing in more 'kinds' of pubs. but not the money. The 2009 Annual Report shows 118 'branches.' Wonder if the 2010 will show the 'drop' or will they still claim the branches but those 'branches' will have a cubicle spots in the larger branches?

How will this impacts these smaller branches not having these in their own countries? Will it become a morale decreaser for them?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Would like to see how the the JW propaganda machine can possibly turn that into something positive??

WT has been polishing turds for more than 100 years. Below is one sick example.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Jehovah is truly accelerating the work.

BTS

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I wonder if Bethel brought in one of those consulting firms that gave them a plan on how to streamline operations? From a business prospective, this makes all the sense in the world. Cut non-critical operations that there is not a compeling reason to keep. I never understood why each country needed it's own branch office. You could cut the 118 down to just a handful if they wanted. Keep US (would also handle Canada), Mexico (would also handle Central America), Brazil (handling all South America), UK (handling Western Europe), Germany (Central and Eastern Europe), Japan (all Asia), Austrilia (south pacific) and one in Africa (Ethiopia or South Africa). You could run all the service desks out of these locations easily.

Of course, if they really believed the end was coming soon, they would be opening new branches. But, the cash flow must not be there.

They are planning for the long term and making cuts they believe are necessary to become more profitable.

"Brothers, are you not showing a lack of faith that Jehovah will provide?" Sure, tell the average JW to not worry about the future and pioneer and rely on Jah while doing the EXACT OPPOSITE.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

What other branches have closed lately...does anyone know?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Perhaps the Waters of Babylon are drying up.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

doubting bro:

I wonder if Bethel brought in one of those consulting firms that gave them a plan on how to streamline operations

when I was a temp at walkill eons ago (94 or 95?) that this is what happened,...they brought in a brother who specialized in efficiency and cost cutting to look at things and come up with a new long-term plan for bethel (US). Looks like the fruits of his labor is producing (negative), ten fold, forty fold, hundredfold.

couldnt happen to a nicer corporation. lousy cult.

Snakes (Rich )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit