Doncaster/Carcroft/Bentley in UK

by jamesmahon 26 Replies latest jw friends

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

Hello all

I must confess to 'lurking' occasionally for several years on this site - purely because I am bone idle and spend most of my day writing with work. Many of the posts are really funny, moving or both and very well written so thanks to all who contribute.

As can no doubt be seen by my inability to recognise that maybe having your own name as a username may not be the best of ideas (I don't have anything to hide but even so - it does reveal a complete lack of imagination), I have not posted to any forum before as far as I can remember. My story is at least as 'entertaining' as some others on here and when I get the time will right it down if only as another warning for all the doubting JWs that may read it. If I have been out for almost twenty years but it is amazing how as much as you don't want it to the cult just keeps popping up.

The reason I am posting is largely because I wondered if anyone was attached (past or present) to either the carcroft or bentley congregations in Doncaster. My borthers and nephew are still in the religion, have not spoken for seven years (my brothers both tried to strangle me in front of my pregnant wife - got to dig the brotherly love. One of them is of course an elder now) and wondered how they were. Brought on by dithering old JW knocking on door yesterday morning.

Cheers and sorry for the boring post. Hopefully slightly more interesting ones to follow when I get hang of this.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hey James- great to have you here. I'm in the wrong part of the UK to know anyone in Doncaster. Have tried exjw-reunited?

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

Doh. Sorry folks. Can someone please tell me how to delete a post I have put in twice? Thanks

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

Cantleave - what part of UK are you in (broadly - I am guessing that by your name your are still in). I don't live in Doncaster now and am in the Borders.

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

Not heard of Ex-JW reunited. Will have a look.

• cantleave
    cantleave

No longer in - exited rather rapidly with my with and kids over the last year and a bit.

I'm in Hampshire.

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

How odd - just been near Hampshire today (well, East Sussex anyway and if you are from the North that means 'near'). On way home on the train now. Especially glad you managed to get your kids out and gives me hope that if you can get your family out as well my brothers have some chance of freedom - although little I fear. As for many people in the religion they are in it for reasons other than to praise Jehovah. Have you posted your story anywhere on here so I can be nosy? My wife was never a witness so cannot understand why it still interferes with my life so I think it is good for you if you have your wife to talk to as well. Sorry, brain has turned to snot resulting in command of English language dissappearing fast.

• cantleave
    cantleave

My story is serialised on here, it's partially on freeminds and on ejw-reunited. i'll send you a PM (little blue envelope top righy hand of page).

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

Wow - thanks. I have my first PM. Always wondered what these were. Just before one arrives do you ever get tension? Sorry, 6 hours on a train joke.

• cantleave
    cantleave

lol you won't be able to read it until you have opened it and closed it a couple of times - just another JWN glitch!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit