College is a waste of time and money

by cyberjesus 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Thats what Samuel Herd said yesterday at the DC convention before he went on to say the end of the world was really near. Nobody even noticed anything when he told the audience the new generation understanding but everybody clapped when he presented the new "movie" haha the dubs need entertainment.

Also I watched the drama and,... what a bunch of crap that it. It was my first drama after being awake and what horrid acting it is. I cant understand how I never noticed it. Of course filled with propaganda and made up situations. The following from the drama hit me : "Are we doing the right thing? Are we doing the right thing? She asks, The guy responds something like "i doesnt matter at this point, we ve come so far" WTF

• cyberjesus
  • serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    Thats what Samuel Herd said yesterday at the DC convention before he went on to say the end of the world was really near.

And I'm guessing he didn't provide any evidence of that, right? It used to puzzle me how they always tried to say the end was coming despite what the scriptures saying about noone knowing the day or the hour.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Thats what Samuel Herd said yesterday at the DC convention before he went on to say the end of the world was really near.

That's odd. The JW apologists are often quick to refute the idea that WT is anti-education.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

It has always been a sad situtation for the WTS to condemn college. Yes college has its dangers, but so does K-12. College can be a great benefit or a total waste of time. But to make a blanket statement that college is a waste of time and money is just wrong.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I wish I would have recorded it, he said it many many times and had the audience laughing with his jokes! The dude that gave the drama was soooo full of crap too. So many logical fallacies on every statement he made. He said "Do you wanna make Jehovah angry or do you wanna live?"

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Let me give a specific example: OnTheWayOut recently started a thread in which his wife (a JW) denied that WT looks down upon education.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    he went on to say the end of the world was really near.

That's true! In fact it's 136 years nearer than it was in 1874!

If they didn't look down on education so much then other JW's may be able to do similar calculations.

George

• Hadit
    Hadit

They are so full of crap! Whenever I point out that they are against education they always say that the WT NEVER says not to get an education. They don't tell anyone what to do. WHAT???

So frustrating!

I always found the dramas to be gag worthy.

So much for not knowing the day or the hour - it's sooooooo close. Oh but wait . . . since it's so close why not donate ALL your funds to the WTS!

• undercover
    undercover

If you go to college for four years, get a degree in whatever and then come out and go off to wash windows or clean/wax convenience store floors at night, then yea, it probably is a waste of time and money. If you're a good little dubbie...that's what you're supposed to do. Work some menial, common labor job and spend your time and energy in service to the Empire Society.

College isn't for everyone. The world needs ditch diggers too (Caddyshack). Some people do quite well in areas that don't need a college degree.

The problem lies in that the WT leadership doesn't want anyone to choose whether they want to or not want to go to college. They want no one to go. The main reason is that if someone is exposd to the "real" world and people outside the JW vacuum, then the vast majority will realize that the perception of the world that they were given growing up is wrong. And if that's wrong then maybe other long held perceptions are wrong. Where else is there a better place to be encouraged to be open minded and do self searching and research than at a college/university?

I think the Internet and higher learning (college or self research) are two of the biggest fears that the WT leadership has.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit