My First Post.Thanks To ALL

by southern.finesse 46 Replies latest jw friends

• southern.finesse
    southern.finesse

I would like to start my 1st post by saying THANK YOU. To the site itself and to all the posters.

My story begins with me meeting the woman of my dreams 4 years ago. We were "doing our own thing" if you can see between the lines and just flat out enjoyed life. Even though we were not falling in-line with God's standards, we both often spoke about God and how we wanted to get back to fellowship with Him. Nine months into our relationship, she reveals to me that she was raised a Jehovah's Witness. I honestly didn't know how to react because I didn't have a clue who they were other than the jokes I would occasionally hear on TV. Being raised in a non-denominational church in the south, I was exposed all my life to the Bible. Whenever we would talk about the Bible, it would start an argument. I started to see that even though she knew about God and believed in Jesus. . it was not the same views I shared. So to avoid arguments and conflict, i often refrained from speaking on spiritual matters. Three years later we got married and my life has never been the same.

For the last couple of months, I have been facing the real "Truth" at hand. She has been studying to be baptized for the last 4 months. She ventured to the KH maybe 3 or 4 times I can actually count when we dated, now she clears 2 meetings a week with ease. I believe she feels worthy now to be in fellowship with other JWs, since she was "doing her own thing" for so long. I started to study what she believed and i was completely SHOCKED. The more I studied, the more I became stronger in my own faith and beliefs. My wife is very smart and highly educated but when I speak to her about her beliefs/understanding of scriptures it makes me feel like I’m talking to a ton of bricks. For example, she boldly proclaims that she is in the "Truth" and everything she is being taught is "bible-based". So I’m like cool, show me in the Bible where the great crowd will be on earth. She opened up the Reasoning Book and started reading and I began to laugh, but truly I really wanted to cry.

All of you have helped me to understand this complex and ever changing WTS doctrine to the point where I speak to other JWs and Elders without being intimidated. I look at it as; well I can’t speak to my own wife so I’m going to make it a point to plant seeds with other JWs. I have my own library of Watchtower books including Millennial Dawn and SS 2/3, 69' and 85' KIT, The Finished Mystery, Vindication, Light I and II and more.

This site has been a major blessing to me and to my marriage. We have come a long way in our new marriage. From arguments and name calling to (starting Monday) presenting our views in a court case typesetting at our dinner table. We will both be giving our view on one particular doctrine and answering a headline question. We have to produce Bible support concerning each and explain it in-depth. Since our marriage sometimes seems as though it will fall apart, our first is Q&A is "Marriage". . What are the roles of the husband and wife? Next week, she will submit the question and the following I will to be discussed. This is seriously all i ever wanted in my marriage and believe it is just the start to her waking up. Please say a prayer of us.

Again, I want to say Thank You ALL!!! I feel like I already know some by your postings alone. I look forward to learning more and sharing my opinions.

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

Welcome, this is my first day as a poster too!!

I, too, married a JW though he has always been disillusioned about the whole thing but has a very domineering mother who kept pushing him to go to his local KH despite leaving home when he was 25 which was 2 hours away from where he lived.

I look forward to reading more of your posts and wish you well - you will need to have patience.

LI

• tec
    tec

Welcome to you both!!! There's another new poster today as well.

Busy day!!!!

I look forward to getting to know you both. SF - at least your wife is willing to debate in an amicable way (for not at least, and hopefully that continues)

Tammy

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Welcome,

you have a unique opportunity to get the facts before and during the attempts that will be made to get you inside the insidious jaws of the wtbs

I wish the internet had been available when they came to my door, It was years after being baptised that I learned some things and decades before the complete story of their deception was revealed to me.

DO NOT GET TALKED INTO IT

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

• southern.finesse
    southern.finesse

@ LI

Welcome to you as well. Yes, patience has been something I have always needed to work on. Dealing with her goes past just the regular meaning of the word patience and i don't believe a word exists LOL. I am just taking things one day at a time. The same is with her as well, her grandmother is baptized/devout and in the "truth" and she looks up to her. Im sure she encourages her to attend all meeting and her studies with her instructor. Does he still go to the KH?

@ tec

Thanks for the welcome. I believe she hears and still has alittle bit of thinking left for herself. "False prophets" was a topic I had her thinking but she reasoned to cast it off to individial members instead of the Organization itself. SMH. I'll take it week by week and make sure I'm fully prepared.

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

I am thinking of you SF.

No we no longer go to the KH we moved 150 miles away earlier this year to get away from the "hounding".

Good luck.

LI

• debator
    debator

I am a Jehovah Witnesses and have you given our beliefs a fair hearing?

The majority of Christians atm have a faith based on 3rd century Athanasian creed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athanasian_Creed

Jehovah's witnesses go back to an early belief in One true God Jehovah our Father overall, that the apostles under Jesus taught us. Arians at the same time as athanasians had similar beliefs in many points to witnesses if you need a comparative study.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arian

The battle between athanasians/trinitarians and One God Jehovah our father Believers is a centuries old one that athanasians won in the third century. After then any who believed the father Jehovah was our one true God and father (even in a small way) were killed and their words, writings destroyed. Burned as heretics.

The truth of the bible couldn't be hidden forever and niether could the complete lack of mention of trinitarianism either so when people were finally free too, they did search. They searched for bible truths again and we found them from God's own word, clear to see, for those willing to look with fresh eyes. In this Jehovah's witnesses have been greatly blessed.

John 17:1-3

1 After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: "Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they may know YOU, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

You may find yourelf surprised if you give us a fair hearing.

• Titus
    Titus

Hi Debator! How are you?

• peacedog
    peacedog

sf: welcome.

debator-reniaa: As usual, you crack me up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit