What amount of Borg demise would you consider victory?

by Mad Sweeney 30 Replies latest jw friends

• WalkTall
    WalkTall

On a personal level, I just want them out of my life and the life of my loved ones. But as cyberjesus said, I would love to live long enough to see the majority of mankind wake up to the danger of religion and realize how it is destroying us as a human race.

• recovering
    recovering

i wan't them to never be able to hurt anyone else

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Less than 1 million members world-wide.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

This should just about do it for me.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Damn, that's what I get for not reading the second page.

• dissed
    dissed

These guys will always be around in some shape, but its assisting those who leave, are the ones that need our help.

Getting them back to the real world asap is what's important.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would like the public to be educated about the religion, with proper references contained in all their littera-trash (including the insider only information) as well as in the Bible itself. However, the Washtowel Slaveholdery will probably sue anyone that makes their Kool-Aid washtowels or Kingdumb Misery public information.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Many good points here.

Another thought that I don't think has been mentioned yet: is it would be nice to get to the point where the truth about "the truth" is covered in high school curriculem in a history class. It would make a great case study on corruption in modern religion and how millions of people can be fooled.

That would be a nice victory, I believe, but like leavingWT said the JWs are just a fart in the wind in the big picture of history.

The Oracle

• flipper
    flipper

I truly believe that the WT society is not capable of being reformed - whether by themselves or anybody else re-forming them for the better. There is too much arrogance, pride, conceit at the top of the Jehovah's Witnesses organization and the attitude permeates not only the GB, but the corporate attorneys, and financial powers which hold the pursestrings $$$.

What I would consider a TOTAL victory is if a huge finncial extortion plot would be discovered ( like Jim Bakker had ) or some huge child molestation ring or plot gets uncovered making media news. Something similar to what ON The Way Out was saying. A victory to me would be the TOTAL disintegration of the WT society and a disbanding of the organization where it no longer would exist to dupe, deceive, and mind control not only our JW relatives anymore- but no longer exist to deceive ALL of mankind anymore. If even a VESTIGE of the WT society existed - someone inside it would still be power hungry and controlling enough to get it going again. Don't you all see- the intent of the people at the top of the WT society is NOT HONEST ? Forced total disintegration on them from the laws of the land is the only thing that will make them stop. Just my 2 cents

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I wouldn't care it stayed "In Business" so to speak, so long as they admitted the errors they made in the past while claiming to be directed by God. Wouldn't it be something if they were to have a "special assembly" and totally come clean about everything they have swept under the rug. If they came out and appologized to all those who were made to feel like they "imagined" the whole 1975 thing, and to all those whose lives were forever altered by following their directives such as those who lost loved ones due to the blood issue, or those who's familys were blown apart by a wrongful disfellowshipping. Not to mention all those people in Malawi and Burundi who died supporting their organization. If they went back to just being"Bible Students" who admit they are constantly in the process of learning, rather than being the "absolute chosen ones" of God, I would consider it a victory for everybody.

This would never happen however, as they are so concerned with their own image. It always seemed to me that this was the reason we always had to wear suits and ties...even little boys, and even for a one hour book study. They wanted to lend ligitimacy to themselves by spiffing up their followers. They have been too arogant, smug and self satisfied over the decades to ever humble themselves enough to admit the made some disastrous mistakes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit