JW YouTube newbie is begging people to ask him questions - we should oblige, lol

by Awakened at Gilead 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lesabre
    lesabre

i asked him stuff... he's not answering. he just cut and pastes. now he stopped talking. :( he doesn't even answer anything in private messages. poop.

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

Did I read that right, "...publications that we use SOMETIMES"?

• villabolo
    villabolo

LeavingWT says:

"I'm guessing that he will quickly remove the video and or delete/disable the comments."

Your Momma says: " leavingwt called exactly how this will go down"

His video and comments section is still active as of this moment. (Edited to make a major correction).

VILLABOLO

• lesabre
    lesabre

@villabolo... i totally saw that he did that. lol.

• garyneal
    garyneal

He obviously does not know what he is getting himself into. In regards to 1919, even my wife does not know a lot about that. It is sad that I, an 'unbeliever,' knows the religion better than she does. Perhaps that is why I am an unbeliever.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Lesabre says: @villabolo... i totally saw that he did that. lol.

I should have looked more closely. I managed to get it through.

VILLABOLO

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Ugn this user is an idiot. They "tried" to answer my question about blood and failed miserably. Here's our conversation:

SoYaWannaKnowAboutJW

Whoa
    Hey, I just went to watchtower.org and I think the answer to your blood transfusion question is there right now! I'm not sure how long its going to be on the front page,so you should check it out.
    Re: Whoa

Not that I could see, there was a video that talks about alternatives. They don't specifically answer though why a red blood cell is any more of a portion of blood than the hemoglobin that makes up it's entire contents.

Am I looking at the wrong thing? If you can find a link for it please shoot it over as I'd love to read it. I'll even make a video showing the link and attach it to my blood video.

Thank You,
    Tim

SoYaWannaKnowAboutJW

Re: Whoa
    Hmm..now I see your question, thanks for clarifying. Well this link talks about the early consequences of blood transfusions: http://www.watchtower.org/e/20000108/article_02.htm the 4nd paragraph in this link has scriptures you can look up http://www.watchtower.org/e/hb/article_06.htm

But I think your question is why are we so concerned about blood cells,since its made of mostly hemoglobin? I don't know too much about blood cell structure, But what I do know is that no matter what the precentages are, Its and unnecessary risk that we choose not to take. We value life and we choose the safest way of doing things.
    Re: Re: Whoa

Um...

Hemoglobin is perfectly acceptable to be transfused by a JW. My minor in college was biology, it seems no one in the JW organization that's writing this policy knows anything about cell structure.

You've heard the scripture "straining the gnat but gulping the camel"? The difference between a mature red blood cell and hemoglobin is a cell membrane. Red blood cells are not whole blood. So if you're using the logic "once blood is separated it could be argued that it's no longer considered blood, therefore we accept fractions" then by that logic alone you should accept red blood cells. However red blood cells are not accepted, but their entire contents hemoglobin are. When asked what the major parts of blood would be considered any doctor would answer that hemoglobin and red blood cells are interchangable.

Yet here we sit discussing how exactly JWs consider red blood cells to be too large of a portion of blood to be transfused, but hemoglobin is perfectly fine.

Let me ask you, a good friend, your wife or your child is bleeding out. The doctors can save their life, but they have red blood cells (NOT WHOLE BLOOD) in stock and ready to transfuse, they don't have the hemoglobin available to them because that needs to be prepared ahead of time. Since this was an emergency and not a pre-planned surgery and all. What do you do? Do you tell them that because they only have red blood cells with the cell membrane on them you will let your loved one die, or would you accept the red blood cells since once blood is separated it could no longer be considered blood.

As for the statistics in that video, they're quoting VERY old statistics. Mid-70's statistics to be exact AND on top of that they're mixing and matching studies. This is a logical fallacy known as cherry picking the evidence. They are not being very honest here. The facts are you stand more of a chance of dying in a plane crash than you do dying due to a blood transfusion or even catching a disease from a blood transfusion.

I don't mind if they want to cite statistics the problem is they don't cite their sources and when you actually research anything the WT quotes it's usually out of context or completely dishonest in nature.

Thank You,
    Tim

SoYaWannaKnowAboutJW

Re: Re: Whoa
    Sigh, I'm sorry that I'm not as educated as you. But I try my best. And it appears that the more I answer..the more you try to prove me wrong. Maybe scientists have improved the quality of the blood and made transfusions safer, but the bottom line is, we do not accept blood transfusions. No matter how much hemoglobin content are in the red blood cells or whatever. Its something we Jehovah's Witnesses do as an alternative..so I don't see whats wrong about that. I've tried my hardest to answer your "tough question" but I guess you think you already know answer.
    Re: Re: Re: Whoa

"It is what it is" is not an answer.

Do you think being ignorant is a problem? Do you think that being a hypocrite is a problem? Do you think there's something wrong with someone doing that?

You do accept blood transfusions, you accept hemoglobin transfusions. That IS blood. It is the exact same content as red blood cells. You don't accept red blood cell transfusions but you do accept hemoglobin.

That to me either screams someone is ignorant of what the content of blood is, or they're a hypocrite. Like the pharasees making laws on top of laws, washing up to the elbow instead of just the hands.

This has nothing to do with proving you wrong, I'm asking a question about the policy and you're just re-stating the policy. That isn't answering my question in the slightest.

You realize people and children have died over something as little as a cell membrane right?

If you want to answer my question that's fine, I'd love you to. If you're going to avoid the issue by restating the question then claim ignorance of the subject and finally relent saying "Well that's the rule", do you accept everything people tell you as easily? If that's the case I got a whole bunch of things I can tell you backed in scripture that you can do.

Thank You,
    Tim

• villabolo
    villabolo

The irony of his attempt to "Witness" on YouTube is that he does not realize that to the right of the screen there are a lot of anti-Witness videos which are very likely to get the attention of his intended audience. The ignorant and naive.

VILLABOLO

• lesabre
    lesabre

does anyone remember that video where some dude made a very simple vid of how the whole 607 math don't add up? can't find it.... i needs it. :)

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

lesabre - there's like five of them on youtube right now. Is it all text or does it have pictures?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit