Interesting conversation with a pioneer today

by ldrnomo 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• moshe
    moshe

You never know about how JWs really feel as they hide their feelings from even their own conscious minds and then wham, it hits them, "I am not happy in this JW religion anymore". All it takes is some outside event to make them leave the KH. The WT wants the JWs to think that everyone who leaves the H is miserable, but you are proof that is not really true at all.

• wasblind
    wasblind

She got "WHOOPED "with kindness. How classy.

• Dagney
    Dagney

You handled that very well. Doesn't it seem strange to talk with these people now, it's like you have leaped forward emotionally, and in every way actually, yet they are stuck in the small mindedness. It's so clear when you've been out and have to cross paths with them. {{{shiver}}}

I just found out from a friend who is still in that when I left people were "pissy" about me, that's the term she used. I thought, "really? I never contacted anybody, I just dropped out of their lives...what do they have to be angry about?" It amazes me, even though I know it is the way it is, how quickly they turn on you, judging and making up stories.

• crapola
    crapola

So far every time I see any of the Witnesses at a store or somewhere, they have been nice to me. But the other day I was in Walmart and saw a couple and they were really friendly to me, but then my daughter walks by and they barely speak to her, didn't even look her in the eye. Just said hello and went right on shopping. It was wierd because she was never baptised and there was no reason for them to be so rude to her. Well, that fixed it with me. They can kiss my rear.

• scottmedeiros
    scottmedeiros

One thing I did do at that point because I could see how nervous she was, I commended the passion she has for her beliefs and told her that she has been the only person in the congregation who has actually faced me and told me of her displeasure in my leaving the church. I told her I admired her courage and was glad she spoke up to me. I then asked her if I had been rude through this whole conversation she said no. At that point I wanted to eat my lunch so I gave her a hug and shook the gentlemen's hand and said goodby

I think u handled the conversation like a spiritul person and thinking one at that; you handled it loveingly and honestly. she probably loves you and your wife but is pissed you took yourselves away from the congregation.

• Watchtowers Witnesses
    Watchtowers Witnesses

Great response to the pioneer. I don’t think I would have been able to keep my cool the way you did. The best way to act around Witnesses is to be happy and positive. If they ask let them know that things are going great, never been better. This will show them that people can actually leave their little cult and live happy fulfilling lives, the exact opposite of what they have been indoctrinated to believe. But then you get accused of being overly proud or arrogant or self-centered. You can’t win. This is actually one of the reasons why my wife and I are going to move. Witnesses are toxic, it’s best to not interact with them at all. We are kind of bored of this area anyway so it makes it that much easier to just move.

• man in black
    man in black

very well handled !

Thank you for sharing this experience with us

I really appreciate it

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Thanks for sharing that experience, brother ;-) I enjoyed how you handled it, a good referance for me for future encounters (when/if I ever do the full fade) I got to thinking, maybe the elder is having his own crisis of conscience and sees through the bs; as it seems you did when you were an elder. Countless elders on this board were "serving" while having doubts. So I was thinking in reading what you wrote that maybe he silently agreed with you and was even jelous of your new life, and obviously being in such an awkward situation he didn't have much to say. Is he an older elder type or younger? What do you think of my slant on it? Just curious.

Thanks again.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" So I was thinking in reading what you wrote that maybe he silently agreed with you and was even jelous of your new life,"

My thoughts exactly!!!!!!!!

• ldrnomo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit