Interesting conversation with a pioneer today

by ldrnomo 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Heaven
    Heaven

Back in the mid '90s, my Mom did something similar to me. She said to me in an angry tone "I KNOW you do bad things!" I was surprised because it came out of nowhere. I said to her calmly "Can you tell me specifically what these bad things are?"

In a flustered tone she said "No. But I know you do them."

I thought it was coming from her illness but when I read stories like yours, ldrnomo, I know it comes from the cult. Mind control is a destructive thing. Our relationship was never the same after she 'dedicated' herself to the cult. She is gone now and it saddens me how much our family has suffered.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

there used to be this kid 5 years younger than I (witness), that I used to befriend.

I used to drive him everywhere......... once he got his license he severed ties, never called me again

3 months ago, he was invited to do talk in my congo.......... I did to him what he did to me!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

ldrnomo - Well done for your style and quick thinking you showed yourself to be the better person - absolutely.

Loz x

• life is to short
    life is to short

This reminds me of my last meeting that I went to two and half weeks ago. This older pioneer sister came up to me and said you look so happy today sister LITS and so peaceful. I said I am as this is my last meeting that I am coming to and I know in my heart I am doing the right thing. I also threw in about a WT that I had read thanks to someone here on this sight that pointed out how I need to examine my reasons for believing what I do believe (I showed her the WT) and I told her I know that what is happening with the pedophiles is wrong, so I have to leave and not come back so as to not compromise what I know Jehovah wants me to do.

I thought she was going to start crying she had tears in her eyes and just hugged and hugged me and said oh we are going to miss you so much. I said well it is the elders who have made the choose not to follow Jehovah's standards. But it made me feel good in that I stood up and there was nothing she could say that I had done wrong. I know like with you the gossip mill is going on I have even gotten it from the CO with him gossiping about me. The CO I was so mad I slammed him really good but what can you do the JW's are so full of slander and gossip it drives you crazy trying to stop it.

I plan on just staying a good person and letting my actions speak for themselves.

LITS

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

LITS check your pm

• cult classic
    cult classic

This older pioneer sister came up to me and said you look so happy today sister LITS and so peaceful. I said I am as this is my last meeting that I am coming to and I know in my heart I am doing the right thing.

Good for you LITS

• changeling
    changeling

By your kind and thoughtful words and actions you made everything she said about you a lie. I hope she realizes that. Kudos to you!

:)

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

People who leave the hall of their own, not df'd or DA'd, are traitors to those who stay; I think that is the feeling the 'faithful' have even if they don't articulate it. They have the feeling, 'YOU left us; you abandoned us.'

You know: we were the elite of the elite; we KNEW the end was near, that we were right, we had the truth when no others had it. We were the nucleus of the new world, our little group. God selected us, taught us; what he taught us made worldly knowledge look silly and simple, pedestrian. We had the real knowledge, the real life. Anyone seen as high profile, or intelligent, and who leaves the truth, that really jolts those who stay. It makes them uneasy, I think.

When someone walks away from that without trauma, people don't know what to think. They can't concieve that their beliefs are wrong, and so that means those who walk away must be materialistic, greedy, lazy, crazy, immoral, whatever. They certainly never believe that anyone could be right by walking away; no possible reason to walk away.

• Hadit
    Hadit

Thanks for sharing your exerience. You handled yourself with kindness and finesse. I don't think that they know how to deal with us. Deep down under the mind control and fear they KNOW we are good people but they fear to go there and disobey their WTS programming. They take their fear and anger out on the people they have been taught are the enemy. Cognitive dissonance at work. This whole thing is just plain sad. The hate they instill and the lives they tear apart is awful.

All I can hope is that each and every one of us can be the better person and perhaps reach the hearts of those under the mind control.

I truly believe unconditional love is the key.

You may have planted a seed of awakening.

• man in black
    man in black

At least you and your wife are happy,, that is the main thing .

When my wife and I left, we were quite united, and strong about our decision.

It reminded me of that story "The little engine that could', going up the hill (as a JW deciding to leave the org.) I think I can, I think I can .

But once the top is reached, ( making the decision to leave) going downhill was easier than we thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit