CO Arrangement Ending?!

by Doubtfully Yours 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Is it true?!!!

How do you all know this?!!!

Extremely curious about it. Who'll be the watch person then?!

DY

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

This has been rumored for YEARS. No hard news about it yet that I know of.

• sir82
    sir82

The rumor is several years old.

No hard evidence has ever been presented.

• Think About It
    Think About It

I've been out of this org. for 15 yrs, but as much as they love control........I can't see this happening. The CO is the company man that is making sure the elders and congs are toeing the company line.

Think About It

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Logistically speaking, it just cannot end! The COs make sure all is in agreement and perfect alignment with the greater Organization!

No way can it end!!! I believe that move could be disastrous for the unity of the Organization as a whole. Just can't believe that one!

DY

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

They cant get rid of CO cause they know where the bodies are buried (so to speak.) As a vital instrument of control and enforcement of there non-biblical rules, can you imagine the stories a dis-gruntled CO can tell?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

One reason why they might do such a thing is because the local congregations are in such dire need of elders with some organizational skills.

They could keep tabs on the congregations via circuit-sized elders meetings twice a year, then the elders could bring the directives back to the rank and file.

It wouldn't be too hard to pull off.

• cantleave
    cantleave

It aint going to happen for all the reasons stated above plus, it it is essential that the org has some sort of succession model and the CO arrangement is a key part that, along with MTS and Gilead.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

You could still have a Circuit Overseer without making him a "traveling" overseer. Give him a "home" congregation and only let him interact via the bodies of elders at the regularly scheduled circuit-wide elders meetings.

Think of the money they'll save on cars and car insurance.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Think of the money they'll save on cars and car insurance

Good Point, made well. Lets see.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit