CO Arrangement Ending?!

by Doubtfully Yours 29 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

When are CO's due their new assignments? Is it Sept 2011? Maybe that's when the society is planning to get rid of them.

There could be two reasons to get rid of CO's:

1) To save money

2) To avoid legal liability

In fact those are the two reasons for all of the Society's proceedural changes these days.

But I am not sure if getting rid of CO's would save them money. Do local congregations cover their costs? Or are they a significant cost to the Society as well? As for legal liability, I assume it is much harder for the Society to argue that CO's are free agents, as they do with elders in judicial cases, if they are giving them an allowance.

• sspo
    sspo

There are plenty of retired and "experienced " brothers and their wives in every circuit that are in the full time service that

could easily be used to visit congregations and make sure that rules are being followed.

By utilizing them and allowing them to count the time you could easily get rid of CO, their wives,their cars, their insurance.

We should keep in mind in keeping CO and DO on the road does not cost the society much....congregations pay for their

expenses after each visit and publishers are being charged also for their car and medical insurance.

• moshe
    moshe

Now that the 1914 generation has been extended another 30 years, those older CO's should be wondering about their retirement. If the WT is leaving it in the hands of Caesar to pay their Social Security and old age medical care (USA), then maybe they had better lay off preaching for Jehoobah to destroy their government. What has god's Earthly kingdom representative Org done for them now?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

guys, if the society was flipping the bill for them it might be true.

but, congos are taking all the financial load

• Gayle
    Gayle

All the present Governing Body were COs & DOs before. Where will they get their new GB members in the future, as it seems none of the long-term Brooklyn Bethelites are qualified for GB now-a-days?

• blondie
    blondie

If I understand correctly, they were not pulled directly from the road to serve on the GB. They first went to Bethel and acted as assistants and were observed "closely" and they were appointed then.

• designs
    designs

Moshe-

That's exactely what's happened, the Society switched the monthly allowance from tax free to deducting SS so the older COs and DOs could get their Social Security payments and Medicare coverage. The IRS ruled that the Allowance was a wage. I forget how many years ago they made the change, maybe early 90s.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Give it another year--it was supposed to happen in 2011. And no, there would not be a total end to hounder-hounders. Instead of having one hounder-hounder charged with hounding 25 congregations and traveling, you would have one hounder-hounder responsible for maybe 5 or 6. And they would have a permanent home. You would be getting visits perhaps every 2 months, not every 6-8 months. And there would be more, not less, getting up early for field circus and extra meetings for the hounders.

Of course, the details will not be forthcoming in the congregations until a few weeks before it actually takes effect.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It makes more sense for DOs to be done away with - not COs

• yknot
    yknot

I just want the COs (and other non-SS earners currently held captive by the WTS) to get jobs that contribute to SS.......

I mean we are now 10years, 8 months and 4 days not in the new system!

Those Bro/Sis are going to grow old in this one and have nothing to provide for themselves when they are put out to pasture via SP....

I don't 'hate' the players, I hate our Mother for making us play this twisted game!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit