Armageddon -- Are we there yet?

by FatFreek 2005 25 Replies latest social humour

• Black Sheep
  • designs
    designs

Armageddon was always touted to come on Memorial night, we would all be gathered like the Israelites on Passover................oh wait we were in different time zones all over the world and even if we were in the same town we met at different times.......oh its one of those things God could figure out.

• carla
    carla

Armageddon on a round-about! love it! so fitting (round-abouts are new here so it really tickled my funny bone!)

• chickpea
    chickpea

the cartoon is perfect!

round and round they go....

ever coming, never arriving...
    always on their cult-controlled minds

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Great cartoon....

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

LOL @ the cartoon, Len!

Thanks to all. The unfractured original was in our yesterday's newspaper -- a Washington Post beauty with Obama driving and Uncle Sam in the passenger seat saying, "I think I'm going to be sick." The sign said, "Recovery is just around the corner."

I'm still waiting for an answer to my question: "What is the definition of 'soon'/'imminent'/'near'/'on-our-doorstep'/'right around the corner'?"

No JW has ever answered me on that.

Ha! Nor me. I've been out for some 33 years after being in for 21.

Len

• carla
    carla

"What is the definition of 'soon'/'imminent'/'near'/'on-our-doorstep'/'right around the corner'?"

No JW has ever answered me on that.---

Ever use the word 'soon' in the same way a jw does? humorous examples-

jw parent- when are you going to clean your room? -non jw child- soon

jw spouse-when will we have sex again?- non jw spouse-soon

jw- when will I receive payment? -non jw -soon

jw spouse to non jw mate who going out on the town dressed to the nines- jw- when will you be back? -non jw spouse-soon

and lastly- jw spouse- when will you come to a meeting? -non jw spouse-soon

(disclaimer- haven't used these myself but have thought of it many times!)

• DeathSentry
    DeathSentry

Sadly while at the district convention (which I have not attended yet but talked to someone who did) they explained the change to generations again, effectively pushing it out further, they also conversely pushed for greater obedience and admonition that the end was soon. Its only very recently where I've just stepped away from it all as the conflicting viewpoints was sort of the last straw for me.

Now I know others who have changed their dates as well (harold camping - family radio, tim lehaye - left behind series of books, etc) and so I know its a difficult scripture to discern. But constantly harping on it sets false expectations, and as one earlier posted stated, makes them lose credibility.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

This morning's Peanuts was too goo to pass up. Len.

• BANE
    BANE

Fatfreak....Sadly but I have the child´s voice of Lucy in my head when I read that.

No one knows when it is. Jesus said it was NEAR. That was 2,000 years ago. Abraham didn´t see the promises...Neither did Moses...

I just expect in my lifetime I will not see them either. I am not better than Moses or other faithful servants. I just continue to do my thing. One day it will come. I don´t care if it´s in 200 more years. I want to live there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit