Armageddon -- Are we there yet?

by FatFreek 2005 25 Replies latest social humour

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Sometimes a child (Dennis the Menace) can ask embarassing questions in the presence of an adult who doesn't have a clue (the infamous Pointy-haired boss).

Len

• St George of England
    St George of England

It's imminent!

George

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

The last second of the last minute.

Len

• designs
    designs

The Bible Students solution ( and the JWs may soon adopt it ) was to make Armageddon synonymous with the Last Days...

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

With the New Light alibi they can spin anything they want and the sheeples will follow.

Len

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Better happen quick....wait too much longer and people will be living to 150, cures will be found for diseases, and the worldwide standard of living will continue to rise...

Oh well, I guess Jah could just "confuse the languages" again!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

It's closer than the inside of your eyelid!

Oops! You just missed it!

... now we gotta wait for the end of the one thousand years...

• purplesofa
  • FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Hi Purps,

Sherri was able to get in a few jabs about 1975 when she was a JW. Good for her.

Len

• Heaven
    Heaven

LOL @ the cartoon, Len!

I'm still waiting for an answer to my question: "What is the definition of 'soon'/'imminent'/'near'/'on-our-doorstep'/'right around the corner'?"

No JW has ever answered me on that.

I wasn't supposed to go to high school or have a career. WRONG! I'm now closer to retirement than the beginning of my career.

46 years ain't soon (that's how long they've been telling me).... 130 years ain't soon (that's how long JWs have been around)... neither is 2000+ years (this is how long it's been since Christ walked the Earth). Time for them to drop this embarrassing piece of doctrine because it's working against them.

So if I said to you "I'm coming over to your house soon." and 46 years passes and I never show, would you call that soon? Or would you say "Gee, I don't think she's coming. I think she lied."

I told my Dad last year that every time a JW says Armageddon is coming 'soon' and it doesn't, they lose credibility. He hasn't mentioned it since I said that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit