3 Things You Should Know About Islam

by onemore 121 Replies latest jw friends

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

It is politically incorrect to crticize Islam these days.

Bangalore

• Titus
    Titus
    It is politically incorrect to crticize Islam these days.

OH, come on, I lived in Islamic country. Don't tell me that!

• wobble
    wobble

freydo,

I am not in the business of promoting Islam, or any religion.

I am in the business of fighting bigotry and ignorance.

I was heartened to read that after 9/11 many Americans bought books on Islam to try to understand the religion, I would suggest most of the above posters were not amongst them.

I quote Karen Armstrong in her postscript to "Islam- A short History" (A book I recommend)

"To cultivate a distorted image of Islam, to see it as inherently the enemy of democracy and decent values, and to revert to the bigoted views of the medieval Crusaders would be a catastrophe.

Not only will such an approach antagonize the 1.2 billion Muslims with whom we share the World, but it will also violate the disinterested love of truth and the respect for the sacred rights of others that characterise both Islam and Western society at their best ".

She also says "It has never been more important for Western people to acquire a just appreciation and understanding of Islam."

I think the above statements and videos etc. are doing the opposite of that, they are re-enforcing bigoted blind prejudice based on ignorance, not a good idea.

I would have thought that having escaped the WT , posters on here would have a love of truth and respect for the rights of others, much of the above is the direct equivalent in Western terms of the views of militant Muslim fundamentalists.

• freydo
    freydo

I am not in the business of promoting Islam, or any religion.

I am in the business of fighting bigotry and ignorance.

Then you should fight islam and muslimism.What does muslimism do towards understanding other religions?

From the utube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCbPtzALqFY

"It is the duty of every Muslim to keep striving until all governments have been converted to Sharia Law.....Sharia orders death of Muslim and non-Muslim critics of Muhammad....allows husbands to HIT their wives...it is explained in the Qur'an that if you have two passages that contradict each other, the one written later SUPERSEDES the one written earlier. Most westerners are unaware that the PEACEFUL, TOLERANT passages were written early in Muhammad's prophetic career. According to the Qur'an, those passages have been abrogated."

• designs
    designs

How is Britian doing since they have allowed certain Sharia laws to be practiced within the Muslim community.

• Titus
    Titus

Funny funereal of Muslim (yesterday). People started to fight each other in the middle of ceremony! LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP6lhswFZXU

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Wobble:

have a love of truth and respect for the rights of others

While I agree wholeheartedly that this is what is needed of all, unfortunately it does not appear that Islam allows for this:

http://www.wikiislam.com/wiki/Persecution_of_non-Muslims

So at what point do you consider we should stop tolerating their non-toleration? Tough question, I know...

• JWoods
    JWoods

I don't see how any sane person could reject the JW religion and then condone and tolerate this middle-ages barbarity.

No, not all of them are suicide bombers or terrorists, not all of them mutilate or murder women. Not all JWs have killed a family member over the blood issue, either.

But the violence and intolerance is a central thread in the Islamic religion - and their religion has done nothing to effectively stop these practices or convincingly condemn them. They are playing games with the non-Islamic world by proclaiming themselves peaceful while plotting attacks.

Therefore I condemn them the same as I do the watchtower society - in fact more than the watchtower society, because of their far greater scope and danger to the civilized world.

• ZeusRocks
    ZeusRocks

I find the Islamic Extremists are doing the exact same thing Christianity did in order to spread throughout the world. They terrorised people to convert under threat of torture and death. Islam today just has more sophisticated weapons at their disposal. Alot of their violence and intolerant views are no different to the violence and intolerance of Christianity. It's basically arguing which is the lesser of two evils.

Christianity as a religion today is nothing like it was when the church and bible was established as an authority. Give Islam a couple of thousand years also and it too won't even resemble what it is today.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Alot of their violence and intolerant views are no different to the violence and intolerance of Christianity. It's basically arguing which is the lesser of two evils.

Are you serious? What kind of Christianity encourages suicide bombing and terrorism as a religious rite? What kind of Christianity would not denounce any nutjob member who did such things?

Christianity as a religion today is nothing like it was when the church and bible was established as an authority. Give Islam a couple of thousand years also and it too won't even resemble what it is today.

Again, are you serious??? Just let this mayhem go on for a couple thousand years and see what happens?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit