I'm brand new and my mind is 'tight'...please come in 'with ease.'

by Joliette 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Joliette
    Joliette

Hello....my name is 'Joliette' ...I'm a 2nd generation African American JW's (well, actually 3rd generation) my great aunts are all Jehovah's Witnesses

my late grandmother was not. I'm from Milwaukee, WI. I'm an aspiring writer/singer, an amatuer artist and wanna be musician. I discovered this site

when I

did a google search for Ray Franz and I clicked on to the forums and here I am. Well, the reason why I decided to register for this website is because

I've been reading a lot of post and everyone on here are very logical thinkers. I only hope that people at the Kingdom Halls will really start to wake up

and realize some things. I'm not discrediting the bible in general, but just the controling nature of the society, and them saying that there the only

channel of communication between us and Jesus. It doesnt add up and it doesnt make sense. I read Raymond Franz's book 'Crisis of Conscience'

I plan on reading 'In search of Christian Freedom.' His books are very insightful, and while I know that its 'his story' we all have our

own experiences. I plan on sharing some of my experiences with you guys and my questions, and I hope the answers are insightful. We are all in t

the struggle, and I hope that the struggle comes out in our favor.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Welcome to the board Joliette

• dgp
    dgp

Welcome, Joliette! Be at ease.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Welcome to the board!

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

welcome Jolliette I love your name. Looking forward to hearing your experiences

RosePetal

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

Welcome Joliette!

• Joliette
    Joliette

Thank you guys. I'm just getting the right groove. Trying to get comfortable in my 'seat' sort of speak lol.

My parents got baptized in 1992. My aunties in 1968, 74, and 89. I have cousins that go to the kingdom hall also. For

reason I'm starting to really wake up and see the organization for what it really is. And talk about hypocritical. My

parents who are in their 40's havent woke up yet. I pray that they do in 'due time' like they tell me. They think I'm

the one who is asleep.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Welcome Joliette,

" and I hope that the struggle comes out in our favor."

It will as long as we keep tellin' the "REAL" truth.

• flipper
    flipper

JOLIETTE - Welcome to the board my friend ! You are among people with similar experiences shared. We all learn from each other . Look forward to hearing from you and getting to know you ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• yknot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit