Any Mad Men fans?

by Pandoras cat11 24 Replies latest social entertainment

• Pandoras cat11
    Pandoras cat11

I can't believe that it took me this long to finally watch this show. What a well written program and the actors are great. Um---Jon Hamm is something else!!! I am in the middle of season two and am hoping it doesn't turn into a big soap opera. Probably will, but atleast the sets are beautiful. I am hooked. Did I mention that Jon Hamm is something else? LOL.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Yes yes yes!!!

I watched it from the start, but see more and more as I rewatch the episodes. It was interesting just before the new season started when they were showcasing the last season, the writer was explaining the story, the characters...I saw things I had not picked up on before. I wish I had watched all of them now.

Love the set...the furniture...it's making me look for a new couch. And I want a turquoise chair.

• Pandoras cat11
    Pandoras cat11

Don Draper and Rodger are such bad boys--well all of them are. Sheesh, I know I should be swearing at the T.V for the way they act (sometimes I do) but the writers make you feel sorry for these guys. Pure talent because I don't like men who whore around. I'm hoping Betts and Don can work it out but in real life I would have kicked him to the curb and took all his mad men money. I'm hoping to catch up this week on past episodes and then on to season four and watch with everyone else!! We should start our own thread Dagney for this show. LOL

• fieldgoal
    fieldgoal

I heard Rush L. raving about the show the other day. May have to try it.

• VM44
    VM44

The person playing the switchboard operator in Mad Men is also the "Progressive Insurance" girl!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I watched the first episode and enjoyed it. It's all about the dialogue. I'll watch some more when I finish up with catching up on my favorite show on TV right now... Dexter. Just think, JW's aren't allowed to watch most of the great shows out there.

• StAnn
    StAnn

This show got my husband going to a barber instead of a stylist. And he's changing how he dresses, also, to dress more like the Mad Men characters. I love it, myself.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I just finished season one, Sunday night. I'll probably buy season two later this week sometime. Great show, although I wonder did people really smoke and drink as much as portrayed on the show? I imagine everyone's breath and clothes had to have stunk, right? By the way, I absolutely detest, and hate with a passion, Pete Campbell. God, I hate that guy, what a scumbag. I'd love to knock his teeth out.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

I am a big fan of the show. My wife says it's a soap opera with more realistic lighting.

• donuthole
    donuthole

Love it! The show takes a while to take off because it is more character driven then plot driven. I would say that the time period is also an integral character. Building a time machine so I can live back then is still on my bucket list! Until then I'll settle for having a whiskey decanter in my office.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit