What's Your Biggest Issue In Life?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

My main worries are my children and my health. I come from a poor family, so I've never been materialistic, just concerned with having enough to pay the bills. So money isn't a real concern. Having said that, along with so many other ex-Jws, I never thought to much to the future, retirement and how expensive children can be...lol. I thought I'd be in paradise by then, so it wasn't on my mind. But now, I DO think about needing to save money for a rainy day, hoping I can get by when I get old and making sure my kids are able to function in society.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Finding and keeping a fulltime job. I just signed up for further training in September. I have a good part time job. Just would like to work fulltime.

• Quentin
    Quentin

My health has already gone south. Can't work, did get approved for disability, that will help some. Medical issues concerene me more than anything. How can I care of my family? One day at a time, but there will come a "day" when I myself won't be able to get out of bed. What then, eh?

What a depressing topic Minimus...and don't knock southeren food, best in the world. Thanksgiving stuffing made with white bread and oysters. Gag a maggot...

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Breaking 100.

(Keeps me from worrying about really serious stuff.)

• PEC
    PEC

Spending the next 30 years in constant pain.

Philip

• Borgdrone
    Borgdrone

Trying to get out of dept and maintain good health.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I notice a theme here. Most are saying they are worried about money and health. I bet if you asked this question of non ex-JW's they would answer exactly the same thing. Humans are pretty much the same and worry about the same thing everywhere.

Oh, and I'm worried about money and my health holding out long enough to earn enough money for my retirement. Oh and I also want my health to hold out because I'm allergic to pain and suffering.

• lifelong humanist
    lifelong humanist

minimus

Contrary to most posters, the biggest issue in my life is trying to free my JW wife from the WT cult. I'm becoming a bit less optimistic as each year goes by. However, I remain undeterred in my efforts!

lifelong humanist

• ballistic
  • minimus
    minimus

interesting thread

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit